icon

looking for in dash monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmw540iman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for an in dash monitor that flips out, but dont want any radio or cd. just the monitor. any ideas if anyone makes one?

rl50121 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

No cd no radio is pretty tough.  I have to ask why you would want that.  Is it for money reasons or are you trying to locate the screen some where you dont need radio or cd.  There are a bunch of brands that make them with out cd but with out radio, you will be looking at the lower end merchandise.  Email me and I will let you know what I can find.  RL50121@hotmail.com

RL

rl
bmw540iman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2003 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help. I have a 2003 yukon xl denali with a navigation/radio and i want to install a monitor below it. No need for a radio or cd because im not taking the navi/radio out. The money isnt an issue even though i'd prefer not to spend what the h/u with radio and monitors usually cost. My first plan was to install a 7 inch monitor i took out of my old suv and somehow make it motorized to flip out of an opening i would create belove the stock navi/radio. I am  novice at the more technically advanced installs, but have been doing the simple installs for years. So making the old monitor i have motorized to flip out would have been very challenging to say the least. The brand is also not an issue for me so any manufacturer will do. any help will be greatly appreciated.
ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2003 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

Send me your email address and I can email you some pics of some 7 and 8 inch monitors that I have custom molded into the lower center console where the change tray and cig lighter is located. Also to answer your other question ///Alpine makes a stand alone flip out monitor, no cd no radio. I also made a new post after your last one on the Nav Tv you might want to check out.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic