remotely adjustable rear spoiler?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimbo gti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

hello every body.

this is my first post on this site so please bare with me if it dont make sence.

oh and i am in England so i apollogise for any slang or references that dont make sence.remotely adjustable rear spoiler? - Last Post -- posted image.

here's the deal.... i have a v w golf mk2 gti and would like to fit a new rear spoiler to the top of the boot.

i would like to be able to adjust this spoiler so that it flicks up from a horizontal position ( so it looks a bit like a lancia delta rally car rear spoiler). i would like to be able to adjust this from in side the car with some sort of control on the dash so that i can set the pitch of the spoiler to what ever setting i wish.

because this spoiler will be some times fliked up whilst driving it wil need a system that meeens the spoiler wont move.

i was thinking of using electric window cables and motors but i am not sure of how to control this.

so theres the idea, i hope it makes sense and i look forward to your replys.

i thank you in advance for all help given.

cheersremotely adjustable rear spoiler? - Last Post -- posted image.

Seth454 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
How about building some hinged brackets for the spoiler mounts, and using a linear actuator wired to a switch in the car?
karnsatron 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if this was what you were looking for, but I think some of the late 90's 3000gt's came with a spoiler that would adjust.  If you could find one in a junkyard or maybe another car with a system like you're looking for, then you'd have the reliability of OEM. You could use it's controls and work it into whatever spoiler/wing you wanted.
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
does it really need to be adjustable? doubtful you'll be driving at speeds where the pitch on the spoiler is going to affect performance of your car
jimbo gti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

cheers for the ideas people.remotely adjustable rear spoiler? - Last Post -- posted image.

If iam honest i only want to be able to adjust the spoiler for looks. It might make a difference in cleening the rear window in the rain if its tilted right but i mean who actualy buys a car with an adustable spoiler if you cant play with it and make it stick up when you are cruising through town. I know some of the porsche 911's had an overide sh*tch for just such an ocassion. after all who cares what you spoiler is doing if you need to travel 95mph to make it operate. at 95mph you should be far more interested at what coming towards you!remotely adjustable rear spoiler? - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic