I think I messed something up.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dem622 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hey,
I was putting in another amp and when I had my cd player out fooling with it, I guess two of the wires hit each other and a spark flew. Well my cd player is hooked to the fuse that controls interior lights and stuff like that. I checked that fuse and it was fine, and I also checked every fuse in the panel and they were fine. I have no interior lights and I'm trying to figure out what I did. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Dennis
iaudio 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
what car? Is there anything else that doesn't function?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Most cars have more then one fuse panel have you checked all of them? If you have the owners manual you should be able to look in it and it will tell you what fuses do what. And sometimes you cannot tell the fuse is blown just by looking at it. So I would suggest that you check them with a continuity tester.
dem622 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
It's a 1990 Ford Bronco II. The fuse controls interior lights and that chiming noise when you open the door (thats it as far as I know). I don't have the owner's manual, but I will look for another fuse panel. Also I changed the fuse already just to be safe and nothing.
dem622 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
If there is another fuse panel its hidden very very well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's another 2 weeks before I get paid and could have it looked at by a professional. I'm worried I did something bad without knowing it.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
There's gotta be a blown fuse somewhere.  I'd do what bberman1 suggested and continuity check every fuse.  You'd be surprised at how mis-labeled they often are (i.e. the fuse for the lights might be labeled radio or something, etc.)
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
dem622 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Oh THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! Tested every fuse in the panel and the *very* last one was blown, even though it didn't look it. Really guys I appreciate this, I was scared I had done something really bad.
Thanks!
Dennis
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
I think I messed something up. - Last Post -- posted image.  Glad to hear you figured it all out, and that it wasn't something major (i.e. expensive)I think I messed something up. - Last Post -- posted image.
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

GOOD TO HEAR

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic