icon

alarm falsing?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gtphreak 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have been keeping my alarm in valet mode lately because for some reason my alarm has been falsing.  if its armed in alarm mode, after a while it will do the warning chirps, and occassionally will do a full alarm.  I'm not sure if there is a time frequency to it, but it has been happening kinda often it seems.  the alarm is an audiovox pursuit (was on car when i purchased it), and the car is a 94 Mustang
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
does it tell what zone or sensor is setting it off??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
The door triggers have to be cut and diode isolated because after about an hour they go into sleep mode and when it does it triggers the alarm. will happen all the time until 4 diodes are placed to stop the voltage spike.
dei reference #1076
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
I disagree with alarmpro, while what was posted is true for the newer ford models with the GEM module, this is not the case for the 1994 Mustang. The 1994 Mustang only has one door trigger wire, which will capture both doors. There is no need to diode isolate for this particular vehicle. Try to find out what zone is triggering your alarm and then repost so we can offer some more advice.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Dome Light BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+) DRIVER KICK PANEL OR BEHIND GLOVE BOX
if the alarm is chirpping, it sounds like the sensor may be the cause of the problem. trouble shoot it and let us know what you find out...
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
gtphreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
sorry about the delay in response, as i am not over here often.  sometimes it will just warning chirp, and i think only once or twice *that i have heard* it has done the full alarm.  i think it only shows the zone when it goes full alarm, and i do not have a manual to be able to tell which flashes mean what
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
if you are getting warning chirps, sounds like the sensor. D/C it and see what happens. give it a few days to a week...
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
gtphreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
which sensor?  the shock sensor? i turned down the sensitivity on it the other day, and i havent really been paying attn, but i dont think it is doing it any more.  which is odd, because it wasnt all that sensitive to begin with

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic