icon

FM Modulator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
captain_dmr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

A while back I posted a message about taking an output from an mp3 player and wiring it into my car radio. It was recommended that I use an FM modulator. Err.. could anyone tell me; what is, it how does it work, what kinda sound quality will I get and how much will it cost??????

The original post was https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=15650&PN=27

if you wanted to know

Thanks Liam

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-90i9FpAsbn3/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=2&g=42500&I=257KSIF200&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
A FM modulator is a device that allows you to feed sound from another source(dvd,mp3,ect)into you radio when your radio does not have a audio input. They are really simple to install. You will have to remove your radio to get at the wires behind it. Hook the 12 volt feed to the switched wire at your radio. Ground the ground wire. Then unplug your antenna fromt he radio. Plug the antenna from the car into the modulator and then plug the modulator into the radios antenna connector. There will be a set of audio input rca jacks. Take the audio output from the external device and plug it in here. Then just tune your radio to the frequency that the modulator operates on and you are done. Good luck with the install!       
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic