icon

dei 520t battery backup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
civic545 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a backup battery to my alarm and tried to unhook my car battery but the alarm did not go off. Is it normal since the backup battery hasn't been charged yet? Do i have to turn the car on for a while and wait for it to charge? Or do i have to set the alarm over night for it to charge?
Fullthrottle 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
The siren won't sound if the backup battery in it is not charged.
I believe with that model you have to drive with it for awhile to charge as it only charges when the car is actually running.
civic545 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I connected the blue wire from the backup battery which is for a negative trigger, to the negative hood pin trigger wire on my alarm. Is there anything wrong with that?
civic545 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
also, about how long will it take for the battery to charge when driving? I drove for about 15 minutes, and it still didn't work. Is 15 minutes long enough?
Fullthrottle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
civic545 wrote:
I connected the blue wire from the backup battery which is for a negative trigger, to the negative hood pin trigger wire on my alarm. Is there anything wrong with that?
Yep - the hood pin trigger input is for a (-) INPUT from a hood switch, which the brain senses to sound the alarm or shut off the remote starter. The negative trigger on the horn? Same thing - used to sense any input on that line - however, I use to have mine (Non-DEI brand) just hooked up to the siren output wire. So when the power was removed - the siren would sound. Never had the trigger wires hooked up.
Fullthrottle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
civic545 wrote:
also, about how long will it take for the battery to charge when driving? I drove for about 15 minutes, and it still didn't work. Is 15 minutes long enough?
I would say no - not totally familar with the DEI unit but it would take a few hours to charge it - as those are normally trickle chargers built in.
jgstone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
When it come to the DEI 520t battery backup, it comes charged so if it is not working properly it means that it is not wired properly. What model alarm is it?
I like cars more than women, because their the perfect challenge.
          ___
______|    \___
|_0___|____0_ }
civic545 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
jgstone wrote:
When it come to the DEI 520t battery backup, it comes charged so if it is not working properly it means that it is not wired properly. What model alarm is it?
Intelliguard 8000. I am starting to wonder if i got a defective battery. There are only four wires to connect and I cant seem to figure out what is wrong. Red is wired to the battery, grey is wired to the alarm power input, black to ground, and blue to the hood pin trigger. The alarm works, but when I disconnect the main battery nothing happens.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic