icon

Help with cd player wiring.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1ll1l1l1l1ll1ll 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 96 ford aspire and i'm trying to install a cd player. the wires were cut. I looked at the ford aspire wire guide on this site to see what went to what, but it didnt help me. i have an extra wire that's not on the chart, and i'm not sure where the wires would go even if they were listed.

I currently have it wired so that my cd player comes on when the car does or when i turn on my headlights. my dash lights only work when my headlights are off (ironic, eh?). I'm very close (i think) to having the wires correct, but something is still amiss. The cd player i'm trying to wire in is a Jensen MP3310.

Sorry for being such a car audio noob, but please help.

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
ok u definitly have something wired wrong, you have the power wire wired to the illumination wire.  ok, all the wires that are either from the car or on the cd player that are illumination wires, there may be two or three total...do not hook any of them up, cap them off!  you may have blown some fuses too, check them all.  if there is still an extra wire, and everything works on the radio and in your vehicle, then you dont need it so cap that off too!
1ll1l1l1l1ll1ll 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
So i should follow the schematics on this site and just cap off the wires that arent listed? sounds easy enough. hope this works. thanks.
1ll1l1l1l1ll1ll 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. I capped two of my illumination wires and the cd player works like it should. it doesnt come on when the headlights are on now. my dash lights dont come on at all though. they used to come on when the headlights were one, but they dont come on at all. is that a blown fuse? if so, where is the fuse located? i checked over the fuse box below the steering wheel and none of those were blown.
bugluvr38 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
was one of the illumination wires that you capped part of the car or were they all part of the cd player?  in some cases (im not going to get vehicle-specific) the stereo illumination is tied into the dash light circuit, so if you cut one of those wires, you would need to find a way to tie it back into that circuit.  this may not be true for your car, but a suggestion, at least.  good luck!
oh, god... what did i do now??
1ll1l1l1l1ll1ll 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
yes, both of the illumination wires were part of the car. i dont know how i would tie it back into the circuit though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic