icon

toyota autolamps wont shut off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
 i am a fairly large remote start shop in rapid city, sd.  everytime i schedule a newer toyota,(mostly suv's) i want to pull my hair out.. i cant find an easy way to get the autolamps to shut off if the remote starter is shut off w/ remote or timed out.  the autolamp is on a timer when the ignition is turned off ....AND THE DRIVER OPENS THE DOOR, IT KICKS IN THE TIMER AND THEY SHUT OFF.  when remote startering they just dont go out. i know you obviously have to do a rearm activation to the doorpin, and that usually needs a current boosting relay by the way.  the main problem i run into is i also  need to isolate the rearm so it wont allow a pulse when started because then the domelight comes on thus the doors unlock or wont lock.  car sees a running vehicle w/ domelight on.  some cars i do in this fashion work fine.  some have locking issues after they time out still...any better ideas or quicker ways. 
mobile f/x
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2003 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Do the newer Toyota autolights work the same as the older ones? if they do tell the cusomer to shut their lights offtoyota autolamps wont shut off - Last Post -- posted image.
Thats what I wanted to tell them. It was really easy on those older ones though since i could just use the lock wire and a diode to grab the doorpin. What type of locking problems do they have? You mean they wont lock because they think the door is open? When you say "Car sees a running vehicle w/ domelight on" what is the rest of the sentence? What else happens when you try trigger the doorpin is what I mean?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2003 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
In the past ive simply used a relay to open up the autolamp circuit coming off the steering column, so when the remote start is active the lamps wont turn on at all
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2003 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

yes the domelight turns on in some and then i thinks the door is open and car is running.  so i need another relay to open up the rearm or lock wire when started..

the other guy said to open the autolamp circuit.sounds very resonable.  how exactly to you test for the wire. just switch to autolamp setting and find the wire.  for example when you switch to autolamp position does it send 12volt to an autolamp controller or brain of some sort.  that would make sense to me. 

thanks guys.   greatly appreciated

mobile f/x
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a 00' lexus RX300 and it does the same thing with the autolamps, so alls you need to do is find the wire coming off the headlite controls that tests when you turn on the autolamps, on the lexus it is a thin pink wire with silver dashes. so then cut that wire and use a relay to open the circuit when the remote start is activated and running and then when the remote start is shut down it will return that autolamp circuit to its normal state. As for the doorlock problems you need to go into the drivers door to access the wires and use 2 relays and 2 diodes. because you need to supply a negative pulse to the lock wire while at the same time opening up the lock detection circuit. and then to unlock you need to pulse the unlock wire and the lock detection wire at the same time.
if you PM and give me your email address i can send you the wiring diagram for all of this. i have it for 8 different toyotas/lexus'

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic