icon

'91 Civic LX Sedan & Clifford 700IQ probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MestizoRacer310 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
So I'll just replace the transistors then. Transistors have the n-p-n or p-n-p nodes, right? How do I check?
As far as the 7000IQ goes, the buyer for my coilovers got fired and cannot purchase them....so my purchase of the 7000 is now delayed. Might as well get more out of the 700, my dad and I paid $400 something when we had it installed in '97.
Kevin
'02 Acura TL Type S & '98 Accord EX-L Sedan
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know which transistor is for the door lock function? I opened up the brain and tried tracing back from pin#4 off the clifford harness (door lock output). Traced it to pins 10 and 7 off the ULN2003A [5V TTL CMOS] chip, then to pin 18 on the huge chip "S9718AB" [PLCC]...can't find out what pin is connected to that....so I stopped there.
I'm trying to trace back to the transistors...should I just replace all of them or try to find out which one is for the door locks....
Kevin
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a list of the transistors:
TIP32C     TIP32C      HS?C
CQ740       CQ746      TIP31C
                      5WS
TIP31C       MT
CQ743        P3O55V
Anyone know which one is for the door lock function?
Kevin
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
I've come to the conclusion I should at least hook up an external relay to JUST the door lock function using the alarm's 2nd or 4th accessory function...BUT.....
How do I just have one for the door locks? Negative trigger for '91 Civic LX sedan.
On a side note: Does Clifford (now DEI) really warranty their alarms LIFETIME...even if changed to another car?? Bought alarm new in '97 had the shop install it...6 months later totalled car =*( and ripped it out. Installed it recently w/ blown door lock function...everything else works....
Can't I just replace the transistors and have it fully functional and not even bother contacting Clifford or the shop I originally bought it from??
Kevin
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

Like the topic says:"Clifford 700IQ probs."

I got rid of 700IQ, and installed an RS3.  The 700IQ started to have a "mind of it's own."

MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
If you read the whole thread, I stated the car it was originally installed in was totalled...shorting out the speaker siren and highly possible the door lock function. It has absolutely NO output on the door lock wire...I used a test light to figure that out. Anyway, the alarm is practically "new" and I'd like to get more use out of it, considering the amount of money we spent on it.   I'm also trying to keep to cheap alternatives...and I really don't foresee a reason to spend $300+ on this car.
Kevin
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic