the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ford arming itself after 30 minutes - WHY?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpvmagic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2002 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

After completing an Audiovox alarm on a '99 F-150, the alarm will go off after 30 minutes. I tried to locate the BLACK/ blue wire at the kick panel but the one that cuts power to the dome light is BLACK/ green. When cut, this kills the dome light power. How do I wire this truck for dome light supervision or voltage if it gets a pulse after 30 minutes. I had this problem a few other times on some mustangs but this one has me puzzled. Can anybody help?

Chris W. / Total Image Motorsports
topinstaller 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

You need to catch the BLACK / YELLOW coming out of the drivers door harness and the BLACK/ pink coming out of the passenger door harness and you need to double diode isolate these wires. Tap into the BLACK/ lt. blue in the passenger kick panel for your positive domelight supervision (add relay) click on this to see how to double diode isolate. Obviously , only worry about blk/yel and blk/pink

http://directechs.com/directfax/pdfs/1076.pdfuse

I'm Don.I can answer all your security questions. I have 12 years in the industry.
topinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
http://directechs.com/ 
I'm Don.I can answer all your security questions. I have 12 years in the industry.
topinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

http://directechs.com/   go to this web site and call me.

oldman 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2002 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

Have 2000 Mustang that keeps arming itself every 30 minutes. Do I need to disarm Ford alarm or is there another method to bypass the pulse that arms after 30 minutes.

topinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2002 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  

oldman--- whats happening to you is a common problem. All your newer Ford products are equipped with a GEM(Generic Electronic Module) this device was designed to save battery life by shutting down the lighting of the vehicles interior(domelights,trunk lights, under hood light, courtesy, glovebox, etc). If you have an aftermarket alarm installed and you set your alarm it will false 30 minutes later some Fords are 45 minutes also. You have to double diode isolate the door triggers and also hood and trunk triggers if hooked up because in 30 minutes when your GEM shuts down it will remove 12V+ from the circuit causing a slight ground backfeed to the trigger wires. This ground is enough to set of your aftermarket alarm system the aftermarket alarm thinks the door was opened.

Protecting both of your doors, your hood and your trunk using the factory pin switches would require a total of 8 diodes. If installed correctly this would solve all further falsing problems

mpvmagic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2002 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

Don,

Thanks for the help.

I haven't tried it yet but will in a few days. I am not in a hurry to see this vehicle.      Ford arming itself after 30 minutes - WHY? - Last Post -- posted image.

mpvmagic

Chris W. / Total Image Motorsports

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic