icon

clifford solaris w/ proxy sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TranceTypeR 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
I've had the solaris in there for a while so no plms with it thus far.. I put the proxy sensor in it but everytime i remote start the car, the alarm goes off.. I believe it's the shifter(i have a 5spd) inside the car that shakes a bit and throws off the sensor.. but then the car remains running.. normally the car SHOULD shut down if alarm goes off..the installation manual showed the orange trigger wire tapped into the dual stage shock sensor, but there was an additional output on my brain for a sensor so i just used that for power, ground, trigger. and i used the relay for the external output source..
the remote start is sequence is supposed to bypass the sensors arent' they? I have my proxy sensor set to the lowest so that the alarm wont go off when i remote start my car. any thought guys??
also for the external output, I have it hooked up to the siren but that gets annoying.. I wanted to do headlights, but it would only be visible at night.. any other sugguestions as far as "pulse-out" activations when someone gets too close to my car.. my sirens a bit too loud! I was thinking of using couple relays(for + and - output) and running the headlights and maybe still the siren off it.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
TranceTypeR wrote:
normally the car SHOULD shut down if alarm goes off..
This only applies to the door, brake, hood, and neutral safety. Not the sensor(s)
TranceTypeR wrote:
the remote start is sequence is supposed to bypass the sensors arent' they?
Yes it is.. But if the sensor is not wired to the alarms *ground while armed* output. And you have simply attached the sensor(s) to chassis ground. It will remain on ALL the time.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
TranceTypeR 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
actually when i remote start my car, the alarm remains on.. if the door is opened w/out disarming the alarm.. it will set off the alarm as well as shut off the car..
the proxy sensor is attached to the "ground while armed" output on the alarm, and not grounded to the chasis.. i'm just wondering if the sensor input HAS to be connected on the same wire as the shock sensor.. the solaris has an additional sensor input wire and i used that one instead..
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

The solaris should bypass the sensors on remote start, however it might only bypass the shock sensor input, the input you are using was intended for a glass sensor which is not as succeptible to falsing during remote start.  You cannot use the shock sensor input due to the fact that it is multiplexed and will not accept a negative input.  Cliffords do not cut power to the sensors during remote start it just ignores them so the ground when armed will not work.  You had it hooked up right originally off the second sensor input.  What you can do is interupt the trigger wire of the proximity sensor with a relay during remote start.  Do this by using the blue/ orange out of the alarm to pin 86, constant to 85, sensor input to 87a, and alarm input to 30.  If you want to interupt both zones of the sensor use this relay to cut power to the sensor instead of the trigger wire.

Good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic