icon

Momentary Latching Relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
I would like to make a latching relay to temporarily close the connection on my clutch switch so that I can push a momentary button that fires the relay but have the relay latch for say 3-6 seconds? Can this be done with a Cap somehow? if so, with what cap values with produce short latches?
werd
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
youd have to take the status output from the brain to the relay for a trigger.  so you hit the button and it turns on the relay when the brain activates.  when you hit the brake pedal it shuts the brain down and stops the clutch relay.  most vehicles wont start without the clutch pushed in.  the relay takes care of that, but why do you need it to be momentary?  it might as well stay on with the vehicle since you cant really drive or anything.
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you are talking about a setup for a remote start. I really would love to have remote start, but not really a priority right now.

What I am actually looking for is simply a clutch start cancel button like all the 4wd Toyota's have.

I will have a momentary push button that will control a relay that will disable the clutch lockout so that I can start my truck without putting my foot on the clutch. The reason I want a several second latch in the relay is so that when I push the button it will latch closed for several seconds and I can reach around and start the truck without having to hold the button at the same time.

Does that make sense?

werd
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
ehhh... just make a relay permanently bypass it.  might want to meter it and see what it draws.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic