amp blew out?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

My amp or something is wrong with my amp

ok i have an acura legend 94, every time the head unit is on my antena would go up, everytime its off the antena would go down.

all of a sudden my amp just  shut off and the antena goes down, while the head unit is on. that never happend before.  

so i turned off my car, waited for a minute, then started up my car again,

the antenna went up , the amp was kicking for a about a couple of seconds, then shut off, so did the antenna.

so i turned off my car, then i stuck the key in and turned it once. for the radio

the antenna would go up, the amp would kick, but then after a while it would shut off

same thing wen i raise the volume. i would start up my car and put the volume up then it would shut off?

know what the problem was?

i mean  earlier in the moring it was working great it was blasting like crazy now i dont know wat the problem is

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you have a power antenna and remote wire backwards,    and you using the blue wire or blue and white strip to your amp? and are you using the other wire for anything?
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

no, i dont think so , i took it to the technician at good guys he checked up on it, and said that the everything is ok except the wiring,

he saids there is a short some where  bewtween the REM wire and head unit. its causing the antenna to freak out, then causing the amp to freak out shutting down.

cuz wut he did was unplug the REM wire, CUT it so it would not touch anything, then took a similar wire to the REM wire and connected it  to the 12v wire into the REM slot.

and the amp worked and kicked fine.

he told me that theres a problem with the wiring  with the head unit.

cuz my original cd player is BOSe , i had that remove and replaced with a JVC head unit

and the guy at "good guys" told me i had to get my whole wiring re done to make sure what the problems was. cuz something about the after market product and the wiring.

so i'm probably going to do that?

do you have any suggestions?

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
sounds like you have a power antenna and remote wire backwards,    and you using the blue wire or blue and white strip to your amp? and are you using the other wire for anything?

or maybe wut ur saying is right. maybe the person that installed my head unit didn't remove all of the old stock wiring and amp. so yeah i'm not sure i guess i have to pay $$$ to that guy to redo my wiring stuff

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
DOES ANYONE know what oculd be the problem?
devilsquid 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  

follow your remote wire from the deck to the amp/antenna and see if you find any suspisous looking spots...if so, then repair/replace...btw what kind of deck are you using?

dont spend a bunch of money if you can fix it yourself...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic