icon

2000 F150 Remote Start and Alarm Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jpeeler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

I know there are "Several" wiring diagrams out there covering this, but I am having some real problems.

I am trying to hook up a Remote Start and Alarm in a 2000 F150 SuperCab 4.6L, no RAP Module with PATS Collar. The Alarm system and Remote Start System is an Ungo MS-2007.

I have a PASS3 Module to By-pass the PATS Collar. It has going away from the "Relay/Module" a Black & Red Wire. I think I have seen it as being Red + Black - ?? Do I Plug the Red to 12v+ & Black to Ground Or does it plug into the Alarm, which DOES have a "Factory Alarm Output - "

On the "Door Trigger Issue" Every Diagram says that you can use the "DOME LIGHT" Supervision way to creat the "Door Trigger" Input + Is this wire either "BLACK/ Lt.Blu or Or/Pnk" and the Location? Also going to the Door Trigger Wires seperated by diodes. I have Found several "Blk/Lt. Blu" wires behind BOTH Kickpanels. Nothing seems to stop it "Alerting of Door Open". (DOme light is not on when this happens, so that is working fine) Ignitiion Circuits:

Some diagrams show 2 IC's and some 3 IC's and some 2 ACC's: WHICH one is it for this type of truck/year/engine/ignition and Wire Colors???

I have alwasy worked on Chevrolet Trucks, but not Ford Trucks. I have bought this one and want to install this myself. I have Several Manuals with Electrical Wiring Diagrams and even the FORD TRCUK Service Manual CD's...

I can look at Harnesses and Connectors, etc., but never seem to find the correct wires for these particular issues.

ANY HELP would be Greatly Appreciated. I value these types of Message Boards, because they have help me with this truck in tonnes of ways!

TIA!!

Jeremy

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Make:   Ford
Model: Pickup - Fullsize
Year:    1999-00
This Database Was Last Updated On:    6/9/2003
Index #: 551
Alarm
Constant 12 volts L GRN/VIO, YELLOW, & ORG/YEL IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts D BLUE/L GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter RED / L BLUE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light BLACK/ L BLUE (+) DRIVER OR PASSENGER KICK PANEL
Trunk Pin Switch N/A
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH *
Power Lock PINK / YELLOW ABOVE STEERING #201
Power Unlock PINK/L GREEN COLUMN ** #203
* BROWN (+) Wire Is Also Located In The Driver Kick Panel. ** Without OEM Keyless Entry See Note #203, With OEM Keyless Entry See Note #201. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram. #201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
View Diagrams
Accessories
Window Up D\ WHITE/ BLACK P\ TAN/L BLUE @ MAIN #211
Window Down R/ ORANGE / WHITE * S/ WHITE/ YELLOW SWITCH
Ign Key Warn BLACK/ PINK (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Trunk Release N/A
OEM Horn D BLUE (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Headlights RED / YELLOW (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
OEM Alarm Arm N/A
OEM Alarm Disarm D GREEN/ VIOLET (-) DRIVER KICK PANEL
* Due To One-Touch Circuit-Window Roll Down Must Be Done At Window Motor #211- See Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit Diagram.
View Diagrams
Remote Start
Tach Signal PINK/WHITE SINGLE CYL SIGNAL AT COIL OR PCM *
Ignition #2 RED / BLACK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ** #235
Ignition #3 GRAY / YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ** #236
Accessory BLACK/ L GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
Neutral Safety NOT GROUNDING TYPE - OEM SWITCH OPENS STARTER CIRCUIT
Brake Light L GREEN (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDEL
Reverse Light BLACK/ PINK (+) AT REAR BODY HARNESS OR SW ON TRANS.
Rear Window Defrost N/A
* Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Is Located On Passenger Side Of Engine Compartment On Passenger Fenderwell. ** See TECH NOTES For Additional Information On Ignition Switch Layout. #235 - See Powering Extra Ignitions Diagram. #236 - See Ford Passive Anti Theft System Diagram.
Ignition Switch Layout: Ignition #1 - D BLUE/L GREEN..........Powers Ignition Coil (Primary Ignition) Ignition #2 - GRAY / YELLOW.............Powers Blower Motor. Ignition #3 - L BLUE/PINK.............Powers Rear ABS Module. * Ignition #4 - RED / L BLUE..............Powers Heat/Ac Controls. ** Accessory - BLACK/ L GREEN.............Powers Radio & Windshield Wipers. * Wire Not Needed With 4 Wheel ABS. (Wires Present But Have No Function) ** RED / L BLUE Wire In Some Vehicles Is Found As RED / BLACK.
http://wiringinstructions.com/235.htm
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
jpeeler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

David,

Thank You SO Much for your help. Your's was the ONLY one that really had it all right for me. THANK YOU!

I have figure out the PASS3 Bypass transponder issue (PATS By-pass) by calling the mfg. tech support. FYI for anyone who needs this info: The RED & BLACK wires goto Red->12+ (Constant) & Black->GND. THIS IS for the OMEGA PASS3 Transponder for the FORD PATS By-Pass.

Now, the next thing. On the DOOR/TRIGGER (BLK/Lt. BLU) wiring/location: I have found it on BOTH Sides (Mostly a VERY Thin WIre) in the Grey and the Black Connectors on each side (KickPanel). I found ONE (BLK/LT. BLU) wire on the DKP that went to GROUND there inside (Along with a Solid Pink Wire), that was pretty thick.

Problem is, NOTHING is working to monitor the DOORS/Dome Light to sense someone getting into the truck. I have to GROUND my POSITIVE+ Door Trigger WIre to a Grounding LUG to make the "DOOR" Sensing to not trigger the Alarm.

Everything else is just fine.

Any more info would be greatly appreicated!

Your help was the Magic Key I needed! :) Thank You Again!

Jeremy Peeler

brnichols03 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

if the truck is a 4 door model and not just the extended cab, then use the wiring diaram for the ford expedition of the same year...i ran into the same problem on a 4 door f150 in my shop and the expedition color codes for door triggers matched right up

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
99% of fords use the blk/wht wire for dome light. most of time you can hit that wire in the kick panels.
it should be about a 20ga wire.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic