icon

My Ears lol

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flashalex 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed my system and after I listen to my bass for a little while my ears hurt for about an hour. Will my ears always hurt like this after listing to my systen or will I get used to it after awhile and how bad is it for them.

1600 watt amp on 2 12s in a bandpass box

RalphWiggum 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
The pain will go away as your hearing goes away. Turn it down! Prolonged listening at high volumes will result in permanent hearing loss.
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

you will go deaf like ralphwiggum said.....

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
lol buddy... just turn it down, wont hurt ya
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
do what I do, plug your ears or only turn it up when your in a competition or there's old people next to you with their windows down My Ears lol - Last Post -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
Sobe_Death 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

yeah if your ears hurt for that long after, and you do this routinely, you will be deaf beyond any hope in a year, possibly half that time.

my mother=ear, nose&throat doctor.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
You know man, if your ears are seriously hurting after listening to your stereo for that long, you need to turn i down. I drove around with 4 12's last summer and even though my ears didnt hurt, my hearing has went down hill. Lets not be stupid with this stuff, you can totally hurt yourself with this stuff and I think we need to take it seriously. I hate to be the downer of this forum but Id hate fore someone to have shiit for hearing 5 years down the road because of their stereo. I mean I still compete and, being kinda old school, refuse to use head phones when Im competing because I feel its important for me to hear exactly whats happening in the car but you wont catch me driving around with my stereo playing at 140db because Im trying to limit my hearing loss. Like I said, I hate to sound like a pussy, or even worse, my Mom but I do believe that this is a topic that gets laughed at by younger people and they pay for it latter
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
I agree, with you Ravendarat, there was this guy one time that while we were all playing basketball at a park, he pulled up in his explorer listen to what ever and he had it turned up, enough to were we could here him coming....well anyhow when he finally got to the park and got out...his son also got out with him....just a kid maybe like 10....I thought to myself poor kid...Im sure its cool to him but as for the father....that to me is a good DAD...(really looking out for his son's hearing)My Ears lol - Last Post -- posted image.
If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
flashalex 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yea I agree with yall Im only 17 and it would suck to have bad hearing for the rest of my life. I have a gain switch so I can always adjust my bass. I guess I will only play my bass loud if Im riding around school (short periods of time). I have many years to go and I would like to hear in the remaing years. I may try the ear plug thing too.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
yea but how goofy would u look driving with ear plugs just so u can turn up your system... kinda lame?  keep it down until your pulled over with some buddies ready to show it off... im also 17 and the first time my ears hurt from bass i said no more and i kept it down, suggest u do the same cuz bass dont mean nothin if u cant hear it in a few years
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic