icon

How do you install viper 350hv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Brad hardy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Having problems installing car alarm,because no one will give information unless your a installer,but if u was a installer u would already have the info.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
-you can start by tellin us what kind of car is it.
-if ur car is made in yr 2000 or prior to that year, then theres a vehicle diagram database on this site. go to home page read the intro section.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Brad hardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
No what I ment was I didn't have enough infomation or know how maybe to install the alarm. I had been trying to install it on a 94 Z71 chevrolet. Had worked on about a day already. Iwas thinking that it can't be that complex or impossible for me to install myself, and what I ment was installers have acess to all the information and the regular consumer can't seem to get there hands on.Thats all.Didn't mean to seem grochy.
hawkinstaller02 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
12voltsred + ignition harness
Starteryellow or purple + ignition harness
Ignitionpink + ignition harness
Power Locklt. blue  either door boot
Notes: 5 wire (type C) on the two door models, and positive trigger (type A) on the four door and keyless entry models.
Power UnlockBLACK/ red  either door boot
Notes: 5 wire (type C) on the two door models, and positive trigger (type A) on the four door and keyless entry models.
Lock Motor   
Unlock Motor   
Disarm Defeat   
Parking Lights+brown  switch or fuse panel
Parking Lights-   
Hazards   
Turn Signal(L)   
Turn Signal(R)   
Door Triggerwhite - light switch
Dome Supervisionuse door trigger   
Trunk/Hatch Pin   
Hood Pin   
Trunk/Hatch Release   
Power Sliding Door   
Factory Alarm Arm   
Factory Alarm Disarm   
Disarm No Unlock   
Tachometerwhite AC ECM
Notes: Tach wire on the 6.5 Diesel is white at the instrument cluster. Diesel wait to start wire is dk. blue (+) located at the instrument cluster.
ECM located behind the glove box.
Horn Triggerblack - at column
Memory Seat 1   
Memory Seat 2   
Memory Seat 3   
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: NoType: N/APart #: N/A
Notes: N/A
How do you install viper 350hv - Last Post -- posted image.
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Did that work???????
-Installer-
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
nothing hard on this car, you just need a relays for the door lock.
well, ppl like us (my hobby) get the same info like installers. if you need a manual for ur alarm, go to www.DEI.com and click >guide>installation
good luck!!!! dont hesitate to ask
Houston,TX
Brad hardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
I really appreciate all yalls help,but I kinda figured Iwas in over my head and hired a installer to do it today.I mean what the hea if ur gona mess avehicle up u don't want it to be ur own,but would stil like to learn more from u guys about my new found hobby,and do have some more questions.
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, its good to start off w/ a regular alarm on ur own car. there arent that many wires for regular alarm.
Houston,TX
Brad hardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
You see I probably wouldn't be asking so many questionsbut was down in Port Arther a couple a wks. ago and some one relieved of some my stereo equip.Which gave good reason to get a alarm annnd perfect excuse to upgrade from what I had.Lets say you have a alpine receiver 45x4 and u was using it to push 2 frnts. and 2 sides but just not enough and u add 800 watt amp 2ch.can u run power in to power r do u have to do another way, aalso I need a way to block bass frm frnts. any suggestions?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic