icon

DEI clifford matrix 3.5 manual wrong ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhs-9 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

I have a matrix 3.5 and noticed that on the  H1 harness it shows in the manual the blue wire is a multiplex input.  I hooked up my 508d radar sensor to it but each time on warn away I got an instant alarm with a trunk indicator on hte remote.  In the back of the manual the diagram shows the blue wire as a trunk trigger.

I wanted warn away for the radar so I hooked the radar blue./green wires to the loose blue wire attached to the shock senor harness.  Now I have warn away for both my shock senor and radar but both are on zone 2.  I wanted the shock and the radar on seperate zones so I can tell which is triggered.  It appears that the only multiplex input is tied to the shock sensor and there is no way to get warn away on zone 1.  Any help would be appreciated.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
tap into the warn away wire on the impact/shock sensor
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

multiplexed will always show zone 2.  if you add a sensor you can make it zone 5, 6, 7, ect...  it works on the different voltages triggering different responces.  as opposed to any voltage triggering full.  i guess you could tie it to the hood sensor, assuming your hood isnt likely to be opened.  that way when you see hood on the remote you can assume its the prox.  but youll only get full trigger.

and for those with 508d falsing problems... i re-assesed my installation and found that it was the cause of the falsing.  so if you have problems, id recommend relocating the module.

MECP certified installer
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor input is the light blue wire and reports as zone 1. The loose wire hanging off that harness is green and shows up as zone 2. You might want to check to make sure you plugged in the shock sensor harness correctly. One end of the plug will have a red, black, blue and green wire...that side plugs into the brain. The other end of the harness will have black, red, blue and blue going into the plug. That goes into the shock sensor.
dhs-9 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
My unit on the shock sensor side has a loose Blue wire not green.  Also the plug is in correctly. I beleive you cannot put it in backwards as the plugs on each end are different sizes.  Anyway the manual says the shock sensor reports to zone 2 so how can I use a warn away in zone 1 if there is only one multiplex which reports to zone 2
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

shock = zone 2

so:  anything multiplexed will also be zone 2.

MECP certified installer
onlyremotes 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

You need to connect both trigger outputs of the shock sensor into zone 1 of alarm shock sensor port and both  trigger outputs of the 508d into zone 2 of alarm shock sensor port

Walton Guerrero-Installer/Distributor
Alltech Electronics,Inc
3732 Grissom Lane
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
autotechs.com onlyremotes.com
1-888-252-8324
"Always check your wires with a multimeter"
dhs-9 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
How can you break up the shock sensor into zone 1 and 2 the manual says the shock sensor reports to zone 2 only.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic