adding remote window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gszczyrb 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

A newbie here.  I want to add remote windows to my car (87 BMW 325is) and need a little technical help.

So far, I have already wired up a Omega REC-43T Keyless system.  That works great for my needs.  I recently purchased 2 Autoloc one touch window modules.  I am clear on how to wire these to my car to make the window switches work as one touch up and down, but not so clear on how to interface it with my keyless system.

According to the manual, the REC-43T has 4 outputs.  However it only has two buttons.  When I wired my door locks, I think I used output one and two for the lock and unlock wires.  I press the big button once, it locks, I press it again, it unlocks.  Now I want to add the leads from the Autoloc modules into the REC-43T for remote windows, but I don't know were to hook them up and how to activate them once I do.

The schematic on the instructions from Omega read Output #3 (Trunk - I am not using it for tthe trunk) and Output #4 (Not Used).  So I have a few questions. 

- How do I know what buttons, or combinations of buttons are tied to output 3 and/or 4?  The manual is less than helpful.

- Once I figure out which output to hook up to, is it O.K. to run both wires for windows down (from two window modules) to the one output?
 - For the remote windows, do I want to configure the output to be 1: Timed pulse, 2: Latch/unlatch, or 3: On Demand?
 - Instead of wiring the windows up wire to a seperate output, can I just wire it to the lock output, that way it locks the doors and rolls the windows up with one button push?

Sorry for these basic questions.  I think that covers it.  Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Greg

anumeric 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
for the roll up when you arm the car you need to wire it to the starter kill because that's the signal the module will be looking for...for the roll down use a multi meter and see which auxillary wire gives u a signal...i'm not sure what you mean by wiring both modules to one wire...the only readon you would have 2 modules is so that you can roll up when arming AND roll down w/ the aux button...it's late and maybe i'm not reading it right...and sorry if i didn't read everything you wrote, i've had a nice long day working on cars

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic