icon

adding 508D to RS3.5 clifford matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know how to connect the 508D to the RS3.5 cliff matrix?

When I connect the green and blue to the multiplex (as stated in instructions) do I need to use diodes?

Using 1amp diodes - When I connect to the unused blue multiplex that exits the 4prong plug from alarm that goes to included shock sensor, I get only warn away chirps. If I connect it to the blue multiplex used for trunk with a diode, I get only full trigger. Adjustment has no effect on this problem.

In the alarm manual under section for 4 pin connector-shock sensor harness, it shows a diagram for adding optional dual stage sensor to green multiplex input.  Are they refering to a dual stage shock sensor or dual zone prox sensor? The problem with this is that my harness and shock sensor have different wires than diagram. Mine has an orange and blue wire instead of green and blue wires The blue is not connected at alarm side and at the shock sensor the blue makes a loop back into the  shock sensor plug.

Anyone able to help here? Everything else works excellent and I am very satisfied with the system. Just having problem with this 508d install.

If it matters, I already had a single zone clifford 111 prox sensor hooked up before and it set of full trigger.

A

boom, boom, boom boom....
Ryan Autry 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
your shock sensor has 4 wires and the prox has four cut the plug off the end of the prox. and connect pin-4-to the shock sensor wires just tap them right in .. works fine done it 40-50 times
dhs-9 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 508d prox sensor both blue and green wires tied together and wired to the loose blue wire of hte shock sensor.  when I turn the 508d full trigger all the way down to test the warn away I get zone 2 on remote when I tap shock sensor I get warn zone 1 as it should be.  BUT when I turn up the full trigger on hte 508d and stay very still in the car and flick the shock sensor the green warn light on hte 508d will light and give a zone 2 warn on remote.  No mattter how still I stay in the car when I flick the shock sensor the green light on 508d will come on.  Although the directions say no diode is needed when hooked up this way do I need a diode on the blue green wires tied together.  Is the shock sensor somehow causing a signal to the 508d.

Thanks for all your help

Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
i think i had the blue/green of the 508d connected to the loose blue on the shock sensor, then connected red to power, then black to the orange on the alarm (ground when armed wire)
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have mine connected correctly now but I don't get full trigger.

The green and blue to the orange or green multiplex from 4 prong plug exiting alarm module. The blue from shock sensor to blue of 4 prong  plug at alarm. Red to 12v and black to ground when armed.

I bought a demo for cheap because they are on backorder around here and I think mine is defective. They gave me full warranty so I'll try a new one and see.

boom, boom, boom boom....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic