icon

Ford E-350

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Arundo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering what is involved with upgrading the factory remote lock to an alarm? If I push the remote twice the horn chirps and the marker lights flash. This leads me to believe that there is more to this then Ford is telling. Would it be possible that if i got the alarm remote and programmed it to the truck that I will have an alarm?

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
Arundo wrote:
I was wondering what is involved with upgrading the factory remote lock to an alarm? If I push the remote twice the horn chirps and the marker lights flash. This leads me to believe that there is more to this then Ford is telling. Would it be possible that if i got the alarm remote and programmed it to the truck that I will have an alarm?
Disclaimer: I don't know anything about Ford E350 Factory alarms specifically.
I do know that every keyless entry system I've ever installed flashes the lights and honks the horn. This is just so that you will _know_ that your button pressing has had its desired effect.
Factory keyless entries often do not do this, but your keyless entry might have been installed by your dealership...
I don't know of many examples of factory keyless entry that are easily upgradeable to an alarm.
FWIW,
Me
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

Have U tried:

With window down, shut doors and lock doors with remote.  Wait 45 seconds and open door from inside cab.  If your horn & lights don't trigger then U do not have an alarm. 
Omega makes an add on alarm to the factory keyless.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
 My Bronco would honk the horn and flash the marker lights when you pushed the lock button twice on the factory keyless entry, I installed a crimestopper cool start/keyless entry and never used the factory keyless since,
Arundo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I think I get it.

What FM remote start - alarm should I get for a diesel? I want something reliable.

Arundo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a remote starter / alarm that will keep the van running for 10 min. after I park, lock and leave? The diesel turbo needs cooldown time.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
The DEI Viper 771XV/791XV (and clifford RSX 3.2/3.5-- same thing, different package) are often reccommended and can do that. (I believe it's not actually that uncommon a feature in other remote starts).
From the 791 manual:
shortrun/turbo:
Short run turbo mode keeps the engine running after arriving at you(sic) destination for a programmable period of 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes. This allows the system's timer to conveniently cool down the turbo after you have left the vehicle.
   Me
Arundo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone know where I can purchase the DEI Viper 771XV/791XV or the Clifford RSX 3.2/3.5 I need a reliable place that will stand behind the product.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
E-Bay still has some GOOD dealers
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic