icon

Reception

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abright52 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ever since I installed my Pioneer DEH-P77DH, in my 96 Blazer, I have had subpar antenna reception to say the least. Much worse than the stock radio. What is the cheapest/easiest way to correct this? Antenna Amplifier? If so, where is the best place to buy one and is there any specific type?
One other thing I noticed is that the wiper blades have an effect on the reception. When they are in the up position (away from the cowl), my reception is fine. When they are in the down or "resting" position (at the cowl) my reception pretty much sucks.
I have already replaced the antenna itself with an aftermarket unit and made sure that the connection from the HU to the antenna wire was good and that the connection where the antenna screws in is good. What should I do??
bozoka45 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I've had the same bad reception problem with my 1992 Accord and  Alpine 7893 (without the wiper thingy).  Dont know how to fix it......
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
run a continuity test with a digital multimeter take one prong and touch it against the plug that connects to the radio take the other and touch against antenna , if you need to you can run a wire rap it around either or and the dmm will still work now the plug on the antenna wire that connects to the radio has a ground and a pin in the middle try this with touching one at a time. and if you dont get a tone that the wire is not connected to the antenna or has a brake in the wire and you will still get reception cause at least something is plugged in to the raqio but not good reception. as you are. its worth a shot.
abright52 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

The only thing is that it works fine with the factory radio.

I had a problem similar to this in my girlfriend's 1990 Sundance and I replaced the entire antenna and cable and it took care of it.
I am not exactly sure how the antenna is routed through the dash on my Blazer, so I want to use that as my final option.

Do I have any other options??

Do antenna amplifiers work?

abright52 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2002 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody??
djfearny2 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2002 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
well what you can do is run a new wire since i beleve you got a new antenna already just run a new wire and leave the old one there its out of site so who cares.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
djfearny2 
Posted: September 29, 2002 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
not like its a power wire or anything
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic