the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Anybody have the experience on compustar?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tgctruly 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I just ordered a compustar alarm 2wss-as, and it will be here like next week.  Now, before the alarm's here, I want to ask the tips about install the alarm on my honda civic since this is my first time install the remote/alarm combo on my own car.  Wonder if any of you pros have suggestion about the installation like where to wire/place the brain etc.  Any suggestion about the installation is pretty much appreciated!!
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 Civic. I'm still planning my install, so a lot of this is subject to "will it actually work when I put it there." W/ that caveat:
Getting in the dash of the Civic is a hassle. That's good for security-- bad for you if you like to tinker. But there are lots behind the radio to put brains. Check out 7thgencivic for instructions on how to remove the radio (depending on how old your car is).
I'm considering putting my brain right inside my center console. I already run power wires (for my amp) there, so if I'm careful about the wire bundles leaving the brain, there won't be an obvious path leading to it. (I'm also going to put a "decoy" brain up by the ignition harness. *grin*) The prox sensor and shock sensors can also go there, and get fairly even coverage...
I've also considered putting the brain itself under the rear seats. Again, I want it a little out of the way (so beginner thieves won't find it in the first 3 places they look), but not so hard to get to that I can't tinker w/ it...
Just my $.02,
Me
tgctruly 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
ya, i complete removed the center console when I installed my amp and headunit, run the rca/hu wire harness/remote wire, but I wonder if that's a good place to put the brain units because theft can take apart the center console easy due to not having a back strut for my hu.  I'll see when my alarm is here, and do you have the same alarm as I do? the compustar 2wss-as because I am going to need help from people who install it, so I can complete the job here 1st time installing alarm.  I took apart pretty much everything when I install the hu/amp/comp speakers, so it's not a problem for me to take apart the center console/cover under dash/glove box.  Tks alot for the advise and I look toward to your help since we both got civic (mine's 99 civic pretty much the same figures) and I am a member in 7thgen civic too ^^ 
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
*grin* Nope. I'm getting the 791XV. Don't expect to get everything done your first time. Especially if you're doing anything complicated w/ window modules or whatnot.
I agree that the center console is easier to get to-- that's actually why I'm going to put it there. Hopefully, it's not the first place the hypothetical thief thinks to look.
Remember, if they have any significant time in your vehicle, all they have to do is follow the antenna or siren wires back to the brain. That's why I plan to have a "decoy" brain that the most obvious wires lead to.
It's much easier to get into most parts of the car if you're not afraid to tear things apart, so while it's a big pain to get behind the radio of a Civic if you plan to put everything back in place, it's much easier if you're willing to tear some plastic...
Your car alarm should be looked at as making your car more of a PITA to steal and steal from, and w/ 2-way paging, warning you when something's up-- not as theft "prevention".
W/ all that stuff, you need to make sure and follow the wise advice of Teken--
BE AWARE - PARK SMART - DON'T ADVERTISE - RUN STEALTH
Teken also had some good advice for a new installer in this thread.
Me
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  

IF YOU NEED HELP TO INSTALL ON COMPUSTAR ALARM IS MAIL ME AT

STEVEN475@AOL.COM

tgctruly 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Got the alarm yesterday, and I sent an email to you alaready steve.  I am preparing for the project, anybody have the exp and got msn please add me on at jeremylai18@hotmail.com so I can seek for your help tks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic