icon

2002 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2002 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

I have a new 2002 ford explorer and i would like to hook up my subs to my factory radio, how do i go about doing that, i know that i have to remove the rear panel where the factory sub is and wire a LOC to hook my patch cords up to.  But how do i remove the rear panel.  Really appreaciate any help

rjahr01
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2002 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i found out how to do it, you have to remove the rear bottom and top panel, they pull out easily.  Then you move to the right side panel you have to remove the rear pillar and the fron pillar, they pull out and then down.  Next you have to pull the entire panel covering the subwoofer, i didnt' have to right screw to undo the seatbelt bolt so i just rotated the entire bolt so that i could get access to it.  Next i hooked in the LOC to the subwoofer wires, these wires come from the amplifier to the sub, i used the white one and the white one with the black stripe, then you simply plug your rca's into the LOC and then run your rca's to your amp and your set, next wire your power and remote wire's up the left side of the car, hook your power wire up to the battery, and then your remote wire up to your head  unit, to get to that you need to pull off the dash, this can be done by prying at it, their are 6 pull pins, one on each corner, and one on each side about 1/3 the way up.  After this is done simply unscrew the unit, and then plug in the remote wire to the ignition wire.
rjahr01
cnukem66 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2002 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Please email, I have a similar question about your installation.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic