icon

2004 saturn ion start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arctic 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
ok... i know, no start wire. starter is supposed to engage when acc drops during start. now that we have that out the way...
i have this ion in the shop waiting for a start, i had to leave the shop 2 hours late because i finally ran out of ideas. anyone here have ideas?
passlock II is bypassed correctly, as the car starts fine with the key. tried a a key sense using a relay, nothing. remote start engages, relays click... then nothing. swapped brains, nothing. i'm at my wits end, here. any ideas?
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
What sort of R/S unit are you putting in?
Me
arctic 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
it's a crimestopper...
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Wait-- I just reread your post-- you say that "passlock II is bypassed correctly" because the "car starts fine with the key" but with the remote start "nothing".
Isn't that almost the classic definition of bypassing not working?
The Saturn Ion bypass diagram I have in front of me is different from a normal Passlock 2 bypass- it needs two relays, one to cut the white wire while ignition is on, and the other to put the resistance between WHITE/ black and white only when the starter wire is cranking.
This diagram is similar.
Me
arctic 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
if you bypass passlock incorrectly... the car WILL NOT start with the key. i cut, bypassed, and relieved passlock of it's retarded excistance. this is NOT a passlock issue.
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
That depends on how you bypass passlock incorrectly. For instance, on this car, if you follow that diagram, but use ignition instead of starter (into the relays), it'll work fine w/ a key but not w/ the remote start.
However, if by "bypass" you mean that you turned it off (cut the wire after starting), then I assumed you checked the obvious and put a voltmeter on the Dk. Blue and WHITE/ black wires, and they did what they were supposed to. I also assume you either programmed the tach or set for voltage sense. I furthermore assume that you checked your 12V supply (while remote starting), and that you have a nice firm ground, no other loose connections.
Not much on the ideas,
Me
gatf4 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

I did an o5 chevy Equinox with the passlock two and no starter wire.  I used a Valet 554r from DEI.   A couple of things I found out,  You cant use tach sense and dont need the tach wire because the cars ecm starts the car for the RS.  Just set it to voltage sense.  Also I used a starter kill relay wired like the directions said tied into the wire DEI says cuts out the starter signal from ECM.  It took me a whiule to figure out, but the car would not REmote start unless the Alarm was disarmed first .  Once I completely diabled the starter kill relay the system works perfectly.

Basically on an 05 Equinox you don't need the tach wire or the starter kill wires hooked up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic