icon

What was ford thinking?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csorrows 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 Windstar and I'm in the middle of instaling an Ultra Start 2250. What is up with the doorpins? I tried the suggested connection on the FEM and it stays grounded until the timed domelight goes out making the alarm think a door was left open. Next I went to the FEM and REM and found all 5 pin connections. The problem I ran into was the hatch and front doors ground when closed (reason for the title) and the sliders ground when open (normal).  I have relayed the 'backward' pins and diode isolated all 5 pins. Seems like alot of work and relays to me but whatever, ford was crazy that day. I also relayed that mess into the door pin input on the alarm to keep it from falsing when the van goes to sleep. The door pins work fine. Now I have more ford problems. When I cancel the remote start, the radio stays on. If I trip a door pin on remote start shutdown won't that trip the alarm? Also I want the auto dome light to work but all the pins are isolated from one another so how do I get it to trip a door pin for the dome light? Should I not isolate one pin to use as a dome light ilumination? THere are more problems I have run into but I have spant all day on this and my brain hurts. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW, it does not have a keypad on the door or OEM security. I also removed the keyless module to install the alarm brain and transponder bypass in it's place. 
You can build anything if you have enough time and patience!
csorrows 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I fixed the problem with the radio staying on and the iluminated entry. I put a relay between my isolation diode and the pin input on the rem for one of the sliders. NC it runs from the REM to the diode, NO goes from the REM to ground. I just trip this with the factory arm and disarm outputs on the alarm. Now I can trip the car into thinking a door had been opened without the alarm going off. This relay will also wake the van up from sleep so the locks will work. I haven't wired this up yet but see no reason why it won't work. I also only had one "chipped" key for this van and worked it so I can start it with a copied non-chipped key using a delay off the trunk output. If anyone is interested in how I did this let me know.
You can build anything if you have enough time and patience!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic