icon

2003 Explorer Sport Trac Keyless Module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mrcram 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed an AutoCommand Model 25522 Remote Start add-on to a 2003 Explorer Sport Trac and having problems finding the correct wire to hook to the trigger (red / white wire from AutoCommand to yellow / pink wire in drivers kick panel).  Problem is when hooked here it works when I press the lock button on the door....but it does not work when I press the lock button on the remote... Its the factory remote that came with the truck.... I was planning on using a double pulse trigger on the remote lock button to trigger the AutoCommand. Obviously this is not the correct place or correct wire to connect to.....Was thinking I need to connect at the keyless Module.....Where exactly is the Keyless Module located on This Sport Trac and would it be possible to hook the trigger using the panic button on the remote.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You,

Mike

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

Astroflex does it a bit different. To arm and lock, the trigger the #7,and the #9 keypad numbers on the door

#9 is yellow/black, #7is GREEN/ red. Diode isolate NEG(-) trigger  Located in the drivers door harness.

Cathode (the line) towards your alarm brain

To disarm dark GREEN/ purple, unlock pink/green NEG(-) trigger!

Mrcram 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

I am sorry this Sport Trac has no alarm system on it....Has keyless entry with P.A.T.S system...I am trying to figure out where to hook the trigger wire of the Remote Start module to a lock location on the vehicle using the OEM Transmitter.....The AutoCommand will start the vehicle if I press the lock button on the door panel....but not using the remote transmitter....The transmitter locks the doors but does not send a neg(-) pulse through the pink / YELLOW wire like it does when you press on the lock button on the door panel...I need a Neg(-) pulse using the transmitter....or create one.....Thought I would start at the Keyless Entry Module if I could find it.

Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic