icon

2003 Nissan Pathfinder help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D.Kahler 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

I was asked to install a RS on a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder, but it has an extra factory installed security system which requires you to push a button on a keyfob and hold it while you turn the key to crank the engine. The owner claims that the dealer didn't give them any paperwork for this item so I have no way to find out exactly what it is or how it works. I assume that it is just a starter disable circuit that breaks the wire to the starter with a relay of some sort and the relay is switched only when you hold in the button on the keyfob. So not only do I have to bypass the immobilizer system I have to bypass this thing. It may be as simple as tapping into the starter wire on the other side of the relay but I don't know. Has anyone seen this and know exactly how it works? It also has the factory alarm installed and this thing appears to be seperate. 

Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like this maybe an aftermarket item, have you seen the vehicle and been able to get under the dash yet??  It may be simplier then ya think.  It may be a r/c starter disable, check under the dash, also sit in the vehicle and toggle the remote, and listen if you hear a relay clicking and trace it to the source.  Good luck!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic