icon

EZ-2500 and RS-GMDL7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
glennst 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Commando EZ-2500 remote starter with the RS-GMDL7 bypass module in a 2002 TrailBlazer,when using the remote starter the GMDL7 is turning on the heat seats (both passenger and drivers side) and the dome lights do not come on when opening the door. Is there any way to disable the heated seats and any reason why the dome light no longer comes on? The heat seats are fine in the winter but will be very annoying in the summer.The GMDL7 version is 2.8. Any help would be appreciated.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Not to sound DUMB...But are you sure the Dome light Push switch is ON?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
glennst 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
That was the first thing I checked, dome light push button is not on, the dome lights worked fine prior to installing the bypass module.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

verify its the bypass module by disconnecting it at the diagnostic plug and seeing if it starts to work...

If is doesn't then look into fuses etc...

If it does start to work again then look into getting another bypass or perhaps unplugging it for a while then reprogramming it again...

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
heated seats come on if engine temp is below 0 C
not defeatable.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
glennst 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
According to the owners manual, the heated seats are not Automatic and must be turned on manually, this must be true as they do not come on when using the key with temps below 0 C only with the remote starter, so it still appears to be a GMDL7 issue, I can disconnect the module and the heated seats do not come on and the dome lights work. I'll try re-programming. Any other ideas.
glennst 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I just call Pro-Start tech support who I thought built the module (thats the name stated on the instrcution sheet) and they state the module it's designed and built by a company called Autoland in Canada (514-920-3335), Pro-start states they've had nothing but problems with the modules and do not install them anymore (interesting). Will call Autoland and see what they have to say tomorrow.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic