icon

Line Drivers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of car do you have and do you have the deck hooked up to the stock power and ground wires?

dannyboy10 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Its an Acura rsx the pos and ground are going through the wiring harness. The internal amp is off but I am going to reground it to the chassis up front. The hu is going to a DQX then the DQX sends the signal to 2 amps one for the subs and the other for the comps. I`m also going to measur the rear outputs to see what they put out as well.
bullman96 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
try taking the dqx out of the picture and seeing what happens.  definately ground the deck to the chassis.  and even run a new power wire to it for a bit of overkill.  is the dqx grounded to the same spot your amps are?
bullman96 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
check the gains and output levels on the dqx. 
dannyboy10 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I just added the dqx to the picture...the volume was low before that too. One of the reasons I got the DQX was b/c it boosted the signal to the amps....but what I didnt realize was that I still needed more signal at th input of the DQX to properly level match it. The most I`m getting out of the DQX is 1 volt.    
bullman96 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
i thought that deck was a 4 volt anyways.  ground everything to the same point, wire the deck from the batt.  and try turning up your gains using a dmm.  hopefully the hissing will be gone.  i tried to find a picture of a shorting plug(whatever it is called) to check if it is the amps but couldnt find one.  i can never remember the name of it.  if anyone has a pic please post it here..  if it ends up coming from the deck even when the wire is all perfectly clean, get the deck checked out at your local audio shop.  try benching all your stuff on a friends car
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Like I said in your other thread, sounds like your HU is defective and a line driver will probably only make things worse.
Support the12volt.com
Chopndroptx 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

I just want another line driver,just because! I use to have an old school phoenix gold and i liked it.It seemed to clean up my sound quite a bit.

Just though is try one agian.Dont have any problems with my sound now,but just want to see if it help make it even better.

I havent played with one in about 6 years though.

Chris- Kenwood KDC-MP522,2pr-INI 6000CS's,Alpine MRPF240,Viper D1200.1,2-Soundstream VGW-12's
98 Nissan Frontier Minitruck
Houston,TX
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic