icon

conecting kenwood amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mishkakasalapiy 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
i conected a kenwood amp and for somre reason the light doesnt come on does anybody knowwhat might be wrong?
need help thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
You "connected" it how and to what?  Where is the power, ground and signal coming from and how is it fused, etc?  What speakers are connected to the amp?  Is the amp new or used?
Support the12volt.com
mishkakasalapiy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
ok I am connecting front kenwood component speakers and rear infinity speakers to a 4 channel amp. Everything seems to be connected fine but the amp wont even turn on. I didnt actually connect all 4 speakers yet but just connected one fron speaker to an amp and crossover just to test it. Amp is brand new, and I bought 4 gauge amp kit and RCA cables and speaker wires. I used the inside of the car trunk as a ground connnection. Thanks
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Is the remote turn on lead hooked up?
mishkakasalapiy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gKDTnPT3OlI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=learn_about&i=113KAC8401
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GBTI5jiR6qP/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=1086925I (rear speakers)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GBTI5jiR6qP/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=76300&I=113KFCXR51 (front speakers)
mishkakasalapiy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am no sure on what you mean by that
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
Between the power and ground is a terminal that should read Rem. This needs to be connected to the Blue/white stripe lead on your head unit. When the head unit is turned on it shoots 12 volts to this lead and turns the amp on.
rickfordfosgate 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
maybe your connection is ok but the connection didnt work properly... i meant amp have 3 terminal, power dc 12v, acc-rem and ground. be sure that the direct current from terminal positive is working that is can supply current... after that you can connect the remote terminal direct to the power terminal. this is to make sure that the amp is working with the yellow light led for the indicator. if your amp working properly, i meant the led is turn on... you can connect the rca cable from the head unit to amo and connect the speaker cable to speaker. check the amp, if the led turn to red color... maybe your amp is protected. in this matter your speaker are broken. try other speaker. but if the amp is ok with the yellow light.... maybe your connection from head unit to amp input are not working properly... try to plug in and plug out the rca cable from head unit to amp when the amp is on. try to use the hi to low connector.
rick engineering

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic