icon

car lock problem, please help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woeful 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

hi, please help me out if you can, my car front driver door just got smash in, so I bought a use door to replace, my car is a 2000 civic, I bought 1996 use door, everything look similar except for one thing, the 1996 door have a small box that say lock control unit, and a plug of wire coming out of that.  Anyway, I just hook it up, and everything work like windows, mirrors, except the lock, so I check the fuse, and it blown.  I replace the fuse and when I hit the lock or unlock switch, it blown again.  So I disconnect the wires coming into the lock control unit.  And everything work fine.  All except my driver door, it won't lock or unlock. 

I found out that the blue/white wire coming from the lock is connecting to the plug that connect to the lock control unit. and since I disconnecting it, it's not getting any signal.  So what do I do? I have already try reconnecting the control unit and change to a higher fuse, normal fuse is 20a, I change to a 30a, but it still blown the second i hit the button.  I also have try connecting that blue/whire wire to every other wire that's on the same plug going to control unit, but still doesn't work.  Can someone help me please?

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

You mean just change the lock? or all the wires?

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
I changed the wire, work now, thanks
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
duh

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.