icon

Clifford Intellistart RPM issues?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Megaburp 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I recently had a Clifford IG750, and Intellistart 4 professionally installed in my 05 GMC Yukon. The system worked perfectly, until I connected my laptop to play with the settings. For some reason, some of the stored data in the starter area becomes corrupted with this laptop. After which the remote start won't work properly. Well after one returm trip to the installer to fix what I caused, all was fine again. Now before realizing my laptop was the problem, yes you guessed it, I did it again. I now have a different computer, with the G5 wizard pro, and would like some help to avoid annoying my installer again.

Initially the remote would crank and start the engine, only to stop after 5 seconds. this would try 3 times then quit.  Blackjax would also not work anymore.  In my next desperate move, I clicked on the calibrate RPM button on the starter page. Now the starter motor only engages for about 1/2 a second. However, if the engine does manage to start with that short crank time, the rest of the system now works fine, including blackjax. This leads me to believe that some type of other RPM calibrating or resetting is needed. Outside of the pro software, I have no installer programming instructions. Any help I can get before returning to the shop would be greatly appreciated.

cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried programming via the valet switch?
Megaburp 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

The only installer menu item I know of ,is the initial idle RPM setting which is listed on the last page of the intellistart guide. I have no other reference for other installer level valet switch programming. However, I have entered the installer program mode, followed the instruction for column 1, row 5, but there were no chirps as described. waiting just let the program mode time out. this is why I think I need to clear that rpm setting, and then re enter it.  I have tried restoring defaults, however that appears to only change the user settings, not the installer settings.

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

Call up your dealer and tell him that you JUST NOW realize that is was the plugging in of your laptop that caused the original problems.

Ask the installer what he did to correct the problems. That should put you on the right track.

Do a search of the archives either here or at www.carsound.com or www.sounddomain.com

Some people have stuck to the G4 wizard due to problems from the G5 software.

Megaburp 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I am sure the installer would offer to take the vehicle if asked, and re program the system again for me. Once again, I am looking to keep that solution as a last resort. Hopefully there is a Clifford expert here in the forum who knows how to solve my problem, as I would much rather learn to fix it myself then hand it off to someone else.  But thanks for the advice.
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
On the installer programming grid, the RPM programming is column 3, row 1.
To get to the installer programming grid you have to hold the * button much longer than the user programming grid (you'll hear a single chirp, then 10 seconds later, you'll hear three more chirps).
So basically start your car, let it warm up, then enter your valet code. After entering the valet code push * and hold it until you hear the four chirps (one, then three). Then push the flat button three times to enter column three (three chirps), and the * button once to enter row 1 (one chirp). You'll hear a couple chirps confirming the programming. Just wait about a minute then turn the car off and pull the key out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic