icon

2001 altima, PKN2 Bypass problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a crimestopper 900 remote starter into a nissan 2001 altima 4 cylinder.  The remote starter works flawlessly (I left the key sitting in the key cylinder to test)  After I installed the Starter I moved onto the PKN2 Bypass module.  They supplied the tech sheet for the module found here http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/PKN2_H1S1D3_O_EN.PDF .  The connector looked more like the pathfinder connection,(same amount of pins w/12 volt on bottom, ignition next.)  So I connected it up using the data wire ontop, just like the picture.  I didn't use the Violet and white wire to the DEL security LED, cause it WASN'T in the position on the molex connector as in the data sheet,  The place where that wire was supposed to be was empty in the OEM Transponder Wiring Harness.  So, onto my Problem, with the PKN2 installed the car will remote start and run, but if you let it sit for about a minute the car will not start with the KEY.  It will only crank and crank and crank.  So, I try remote starting it and it works perfect. if, I turn off the remote starter and use the key it starts.  I let it sit awhile and it won't start again.  I removed the PKN2 and the keys work again.  Anybody have any ideas??  

Anybody know what the Purple and white wire does on the PKN2? Because there is another wire in the OEM Transponer harness above the ignition wire, that the data sheet says doesn't exsist.

Thanks, Frank

flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Has anybody else used the PKN2?  I tried getting in touch with bypass.com tech support today and nobody called me back.  Am I the only one who had this problem? Anybody have any ideas?

cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

b+               WHT/BLU

IGN ON      BRN

IND OUT     GRY/ORG   (SECURITY LED)

GND             BLK

DATA             LT GRN/RED

flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, The only wire I didn't know was the GRY/ORG(security LED). Hopefully that is the problem! I let you know.

Frank

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic