icon

Alpine vs Zapco

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Explorer154 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  

I have a slight problem ( if you can really call it that). There are two stereo dealers in my town.  One dealer carries  Alpine power amps (MRV-F545) and morel and focal  speakers. The dealers let me hear both the focals and morels hooked up to the MRV-F545.  By a side to side comparison, the morels sounded cleaner than the focals (believe it or not!). But I had my heart set on Zapco power amps (which they do not carry). The store is state certified: MECP.

The other dealer in town has the zapco amp (1000.4) and the focals ( but they don't have the system hooked up and so I can't hear with the zapco/focal combination sounds like). They are not certified but I know that they do great work. They don't carry the morel line. 

So I don't know what to do because, I believe (not sure) that the zapco amp is cleaner sounding. And so I don't know if I should go with the alpine amp and morel or the zapaco and focal.

I really would appreciate your help.  I put great value into the comments and suggestions that you provide me with. Thanks so much and thanks in advance.

Explorer154
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

The zapco amp should indefinately sound better to a slight degree. Its not going to change your speaker decision that you made however.

So i guess your looking at a Zapco, Morel set up.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
That's where I'd go. The Zapco stuff has ALWAYS sounded better than Alpine to me, and from those that have read all of my previous posts, I am a HUGE Morel Fan. Way better than the Focal stuff, any day... It'll be worth your trip across town.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Same here. Morel and Zapco. One of the best setups out there.
Paul
pizboin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
You dont have to be an expert on car stereo to know that those Zapco guys out there in California are making better products than whats coming in off the boat in china. Dont believe me look at the specs. Zapco amps will be rated for one thing, but when you get the actual "birth certificate" you will notice that this is a minimum rating, and they usually well outperform their specs. Not to mention the fact that their Damping factor and Slew rate are at the top of the industry> Go zapco, or go home.
Woooo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic