icon

Various Clifford RS3.5 Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
torx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2005 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
I got the rsx 3.5 2 way pager system installed and i have a few questions..
The installer set the shock sensor all the way to max (right), so i set it to the middle, its still sensitive as hell especially when an airplane comes over or someone shuts a door next to my car. Is this normal?
And turning the little dial on it too much, will that degrade sensitivity over time?
I had a piezo tweeter siren installed on the inside, how reliable are these and do they last a long time? The sh*t is MAD loud and annoying, instant headache!
How much of a battery drain is the piezo?
Range, right now, i can start my car from about a block away. I do have tint, and the antenna is mounted in the rear window dash. What can i do to increase range? Any secret tips other than upgrading to better batteries?
Is there a way to adjust sensitivity on the remote and does it have a backlight?
thnx!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

yes it has a backlight... read your owners manual on how to program it on and off... you press all 4 buttons together to get into programming mode and then press ( i think it's ) unlock to turn ill on or off... everytime you change the battery (which will be once a month) you will have to turn this feature back on, which is why i leave mine off....

the sensor that comes with the unit is an impact sensor and there is no way in the world the alarm is going to trip by a plane going overhead or a door closing next to you... it sounds like you have some kind of noise sensor installed...

range is what it is... if it was installed correctly you cannot increase it... i get about a block and a half from my unit......

piezo noise/pain generators should last for years....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic