Don't get ScyTek products ie Galaxy Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xenon2000 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
since I can't edit my own posts (lame by the way) I messed up this line:

He laughed at me when I told me I thought my unit was defective and claimed that if it was, it would be the first one in over 7 years. Which I highly doubt.

Should look like this:

He laughed at me when I told him I thought my unit was defective and he claimed that if it was, it would be the first one in over 7 years. Which I highly doubt.

Incase people had a hard time reading the first version of this statement. :)
xenon2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Crap, now because I was trying to edit, I bumped this to the next page and I have 2 important posts on the end of the first page that people probably won't bother to look at now, darn it. Why in the world can we not edit our own posts. Man... anyways. Please read my last 2 posts on page 1 regarding how I finally got a hold of Tech Support and how that went. Thanks.
xenon2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

This is interesting. Even though they never replied to my emails. They must have read them, because shortly after I sent them an email about how my remote didn't have BLUE Leds like they pictured and had described in the product text. Now the same page has a missing image and ALL references to the BLUE LEDs have been removed from the descriptive text.

Here is what I had emailed them about the webpage:

"My remotes have green LEDs, not blue ones as listed on
your website. It also says it comes with the Scynet interface and
wizard software, which it did not. Came with pre-wired red LED instead
of a blue status LED. None of these things are a huge deal. Just
irratating that I bought this based on your website and it is
incorrect."

Though the webpage still states that it features the ScyNet Interface and wizard software, which mine did not come with. So not sure why they didn't edit that part. Thier crappy company website should have been another indicator to me about the quality of the company.
Shrinktube4.0 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to return it back to x10.com like I did with my alarm they will simply ask you what’s wrong with it, defective or whatever the problem it is causing it not to function properly, tell them what’s up with it, they will issue a RA number [return Authorization Number]for you to ship it back to them [prepaid of course on your behalf] but I will warn ahead of time, the RA number will be from the warehouse and the time you get it [because of my experience with x10] Will most likely be several days. When they receive it at their Warehouse you will be shipped a new one automatically; [this was a lie, they said this to me on the phone] they received it May 24 8:45 am.. I was tired of waiting so I called them today and wouldn’t you know it, it finally was shipped out today. It’s a slow boat from china but, they are taking care of it. I don’t like when a company deceives some one like this. It’s bad for their business and they will not get me to buy from ever again. One more thing you can get a refund just ask them. In your case seems you have no choice since it doesn’t perform so well as you expected to. And you must send all parts back including the harness for an exchange. I have noticed some times when you see an alarm and buy it because you like the way it looked or it had a certain feature on it, you buy it and for some reason it’s totally different
Then you have to figure out what’s going on, you find out the company has redesigned that certain model and nobody knew about what they have done, so of course every one Scratching their heads. I see there are a lot of good installers out here that have dealt with Scytek alarms, your model in particular, maybe one of them will see this and compare Their install with yours to see any differences.
xenon2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, returning it is not an option. Every wire is soldered and heat shrinked and zip tied in place in tidy order. Relays are centralized, etc. Maybe a little extreme for a Geo. But I like it clean and sturdy.

Also, don't misunderstand me. That alarm works. And I will be switching back to Auto instead of using RPM sensing. Which seems to be the only buggy option on this alarm. Not worth trying another unit if they are not going to just swap the brain before getting the old one back. Personally I don't think this unit is defective in any way. I just think I don't like how it works. So I doubt swapping it would do any good. And at this point I don't plane on buying from X10 or Scytek ever again.
Take my experience however you want.  The alarm works, but not as nicely as advertised. At least now people have more information on Scytek.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic