icon

hooking amp up to 98 honda

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NeXeA500 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

I am having problems hooking up an amp to my 98 honda accord. I havent started to install it yet, so before i do i need to ask a few questions.

1. Do you think i should put the amp in the trunk, or the back seat of the car?

2. Where do i hook up the power sensor cable telling my amp when to turn on? The antenna is in the back window so i cannot hook it up to that. This is my main problem.

chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

It all depends!

What are you going to run with the amp?

What size is the amp?

If you are just going to run the four speakers in the car, then I would just put it under the seat if there was room.  If your running a box, then I would put it in the trunk.

Grab the antenna turn on from behind the deck.  If needed, run it through a relay to turn on the amp.

(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
NeXeA500 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to run a box with the amp. What do you think is the easiest way to hook the amp up to tell it when to turn on? because i cant hook it up to the antenna, the wireing is in the roof i think. I could run it through a switch but where would you recommend hooking the wire up that goes from the electrical to the switch?

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a aftermarket head unit?     if you do use the remote turn on or the power antenna lead.....if you dont you can use your switched ign wire from your wiring harness and that will urn the amp on when your car is on
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

Use your WHITE/ red wire to turn on your amps. This is your switched 12volt source. As far as amp placement I would go under the seat if it fits due to it being less likely to be stolen. If not then to the trunk you go.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1038.html

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

if u don't have an aftermarket headunit u could wire it to any power wire (+) that comes on when u turn the car on like on mine my cig lighter only comes on when i turn my car on and i just wire it to the back of it, i have a sony head unit but the antenna wire in the back of that isn't makin the antenna go up on mine for some reason, anyways my RCA cable has a 3rd wire so i used that as my remote

i installed a head unit and subs system into my cuz's 97 accord and only problem i had was the two screws i didn't know about in the center console below the shift console and almost broke it

NeXeA500 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your help. I will tell you how, and if, the amp works when i get it hooked up. Thx again!
htlee1019 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have a '02 accord ...the wiring should be identical...i just hooked it up to the 12 volt ACC (ignition switch...whenever you turn on ur car power will run through this wire) wire...so if you hook it up to this wire every time you turn on your car it will turn on the amp....good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic