icon

Immobilizer question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legenux 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all, I have a question, if some of you can help me out, that'd be great!

I have a prelude 97 that comes with the immobilizer system. Problem is I only have 2 master programed keys and lost the red key to duplicate any more. So if I want to install alarm with remote start, I would have to buy transponder and leave one of the keys inside the transponder. So my question is if I duplicate an aftermarket key without it being programmed, will it start the car manually when you use the aftermarket key in the keyhole even with the transponder installed? Or is the transponder (with master key inside) only works for remote starting, and for manual starting, you'd still need the master programmed key to start the car?  I'm very confused on that part. Please help me out. Thanks.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I believe OMEGA makes a NO KEY REQUIRED ByPass
# IB-PKH1, but you do need Key to program
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

bobk wrote:
A Honda dealed can duplicate a key for you if you have a programed key, the red key is used for overall programming if you loose the 2 black keys. No a after market key that is not programed will not start the car. The cost if the key at the dealer is about $35 dollars and they will program the key at the parts counter.

Thanks for your help guys.

So installing an alarm with a transponder containing an OEM master key inside and then using an AFTERMARKET key with no program will or will  not start the car manually when you insert the aftermarket key into the keyhole? That's still unclear to me, reason I ask if because I don't have the red key to make any more keys, only two black ones and one aftermarket with no program.

legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks bobk, I will visit Honda tomorrow asap. I was told without the red key, they will do it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic