icon

toyota tocoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gabrielr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

i just purchased a 2002 tocoma 5speed with 4wd.  i want to remove the factory stereo, but  i can't figure out how to first remove the face of the dashboard. other toyotas i've worked on had a simple ''pull-off'' face, but it doesn't seem that this is going to be the same thing.  please help.

thank you, gabriel

KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 and I think there is not much difference between your and mine. First you have to take off the very bottom plastic piece (the one that has the aux power outputs) there is a plastic clip it looks like a button on each side of the plastic piece that you push in. Once you take out each plastic clip you just put on the bottom piece and it should come out. Once that is off you take out the ashtray and there should a philps head screw that you will need to screw out. After that there is two philps screws that are behind the climate controls. The dials on the climate control just pop off and so does the a/c button and switches. After that you just pop the face of the climate control off to get access the the two screws you need to take off. After you get the the screws off you can just pop off the dash board. I suck at giving descreptions so if you have any more question just let me know.
gabrielr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2002 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

thanks alot for the walk-thru.  it was just enough to get me passed where i was stuck.  it really helped out.  i got the stereo out in about 10 min. after i read your post.  thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic