icon

amp problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kundi13 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

hi, i have recently bought a power audio called THE PUNCH 500watt 2channel rms 50watt amp from ebay.

i connected everyting triple checked everyting and played it. the sub is a vrx 12" 700watt but it wasnt producing much sound. if i turned up the volume on the amp over half way the sub would start beating like a heart which sounded terrible. the sub would produce ok sound if the amp volume is below half way or near enough half way. i also dont think that my amp is giving 500watt itz more like 50watt. need some help thanks.

kundi
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
well first problem is you have a used unit that you know idea its condition. for the excessive movement of woofer that is caused by clipping and the volume on the amp is not a volume it is a gain control and they have to be set properly so you dont exprence clipping. a test tone cd and the proper equipment is needed. sounds like you dont have that so get a test tone cd from online and with a good ear you will be able to get it close. how much is your hu rca output? that will help set the gains without proper equipment but will not be right . try turning them all the way down with the hu at a little above 3/4 of its max volume and increase the gains. not much and once it does start clipping reduce very little at a time until it stops. hopefully that helps but i would try to get another amp that will be powerful enough for that sub. 50 watts rms is not alot at all and always look at rms not peak or max power when picking a amp. lol
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

hi, i didnt get a word you said there but i understood the last bit about checking the rms and not the peak. lolz cheers. this is the amp i have (link below) how can i improve the amp and the sound???

http:///.co.uk/500watt-POWERAUDIO-2-Channel-Amplifier-New_W0QQitemZ5820597115QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kundi
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
ya i would 86 that amp. what kind of sub do you have? if it is 700 watts max then you will want toget at least 150 watts rms. give a little more info on the sub.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic