icon

DEI 528T relay help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install this timed relay but I am not sure how to hook these wires up. The instruction's that came with it are not that good. Here is what I am trying to do I want to use this timed relay to delay the current going to my strobe lights. I am using the the output siren wire as the triger. My purpose is I want the strobes to go off only when the alarm has been trigered not everytime I arm and disarm my truck. So here is what the instructions say. The relay has 6 wires coming out.

Red=fused (+)12volts constant

BLACK/ white= trigger input

Yellow=(30)common

Brown=(87)Normally Open

Orange=(87A)Normally Closed

Black=Ground

Can anybody tell me how took hook up these wires. I know red you hook up to a 12volt source and ground is ground and I believe the trigger wire gets hooked up the siren output but what about the rest of the wires? Please help my truck is torn apart and I am waiting to found out how to hook this up.

damon9 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
im not sure but you can probably just connect the siren straight to the strobes, probe the trigger to the siren pos or neg, and then connect the other pos or neg to the strobes, no relay.sounds right...
damon
KBToys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2002 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  
Ya I could but if I where to do that the strobes would blink everytime I arm and disarm my truck. With this timed relay hopefully I can get it hooked up so it will delay for a few seconds. Just the right amount of time to not blink for the 2 seconds when disarm/arm but go off after that.
TomEllis 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2002 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

The wiring should be this:

+12 volts to red wire

Ground to black wire

+12 volts to yellow wire

strobe + wire to brown wire

strobe ground to ground

siren output to BLACK/ white wire

The question that I have is, does the siren sound when you arm and disarm the alarm?

If this is the case, then the above wiring will probably not work because you will still get a trigger each time you arm and disarm the alarm. You will need to find a trigger that will only be active when the alarm is going off.

Tom

KBToys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2002 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks I will hook it up that way when I get home. and yes the siren does chirp when I arm and disarm the alarm. The cool thing about this timed relay is it has a dial that you can adjust from 0-90 seconds. So hopefully this will work when I try and will let you know.

coolsexyman30x 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Where did you get that relay. I would like to get on of those for a remote start application.

Please e-mail me with a place at coolsexyman30x@go.com

KBToys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by coolsexyman30x on December 17, 2002

Where did you get that relay. I would like to get on of those for a remote start application.

Please e-mail me with a place at coolsexyman30x@go.com

I got the relay from www.nexxon.com. Great place to buy stuff here
is a link to where the timed relay is.
http://nexxon.com/dei/dei.htm
KBToys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well after much trial and error I finally got the relay to work the way I want it to. I have the relay set to delay for 2 seconds. Thanks everybody would not have figured it out without you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic