icon

Third ignition wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jweld97 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 F150 and am wondering if it uses a third ignition wire because my r/s (jkrs3 w/ xk04ford bypass) will not start my truck even with the key in the ignition but it will start if the key is turned to the run position. The stay running feature also works but it tries to start the truck again so I am getting kinda frustrated with what the problem is. I am also having trouble trying to get a good tach signal since the diagnostics of the r/s tells me there is low or no tach signal. If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Some do. All have blue/green, gray / YELLOW and some models had a lt. blue/pink wire that needed to be energized. I believe it had something to do with the antilocks, not sure if affected the start or not....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

This has been posted before:

Use a F/I wire ( odd Color ) for TACH also...

Ignition Switch Layout:

Ignition #1 - D BLUE/L GREEN..........Powers Ignition Coil (Primary Ignition)
Ignition #2 - GRAY / YELLOW.............Powers Blower Motor.
Ignition #3 - L BLUE/PINK.............Powers Rear ABS Module. * Ignition #4 - RED / L BLUE..............Powers Heat/Ac Controls. ** Accessory - BLACK/ L GREEN.............Powers Radio & Windshield Wipers.
* Wire Not Needed With 4 Wheel ABS. (Wires Present But Have No Function)
** RED / L BLUE Wire In Some Vehicles Is Found As RED / BLACK.

Tach SignalPINK/WHITESINGLE CYL SIGNAL AT COIL OR PCM *
* Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Is Located On Passenger Side Of Engine Compartment On Passenger Fenderwell.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
jweld97 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your replies and I have just one last question (I hope). Could someone tell me the correct 2 wire colors for hooking up my bypass module(xk04)? I probed the 4-wire harness coming from the PATS module and 3 of them have voltage and only 1 does not. 2 of the wires only show voltage when key is turned on, the third shows about 1.4v with key off and 9.6v or so with key on, so I am wondering what to do. Thanx again for any help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic