Toyota 4Runner Transmitter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbdenver 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

I have a 1997 4Runner with a factory "Securikey+" system on it. I think the gulf state toyota dealers used these?  I think Audiovox made them for Toyota. 
Anyway, it is the one with the alarm transmitter built onto the key. My question is, can I buy a replacement transmitter to put on my key ring and then program it to my system?

Anyone have a place to point me to order a compatible replacement transmitter for this system? will any "generic" work?

I'd like new transmitters and to ditch the "transmitter-on-the-key" things since they are showing major signs of wear!
Anybody have any ideas on this one?
Thanks!

cbdenver 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

More info:

The back of the key/transmitter has "FCC ID ELVAT6B" on it.  Does anyone know a site or info on crossreferencing the different transmitters out there?

Thanks!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

that "ELVAT6B" does sound similar to some of the Audivox units I install....I wonder if a regular Audiovox remote could be programmed to your car.

If you go to www.remotesunlimited.com, you can punch in the FCC ID, and buy replacement remotes--maybe they have the kind without the key attached.

And it could never hurt to see what a Toyota dealer would charge for replacements.

Phatmex 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Luongo on December 19, 2002
And it could never hurt to see what a Toyota dealer would charge for replacements.
hehe I bet it would hurt plenty......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic