icon

Custom length kenwood cables

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad67bug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel and am currently installing my Kenwood KVT-915DVD monitor, kenwood music keg, kenwood navigation, Sirius sattelite tuner, and a kenwood amp with the a.m.s ystem. 

The problem I have is the fact that there is so much extra cable and I am having a hard time hiding it all.  Is it possible to shorten the data cables for the music keg, sattelite radio, navigation, and the 2 data cables going to the monitor?  If I can't do it myself is there a place where I can buy custom length cables?

Another problem is that the amp is capable of being hooked up to the head unit to display amp information, but there is not enough places to plug in the network cables.  Is it possible to put a splitter in one of the cables?

Thanks for the help,

Ryan

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
what exactly is the problem, what cables can you not hide. I always just find a spot like under a seat, or up front near driver/passengers feet, and run a loop of the excess wire unseen by anyone. as for the network cables, I know it can be done, but it might not work properly. Do you have the keg, and the amp that can be hooked up to the head unit, but only one slot in the head unit? any more information would be nice, I dont really know how this system works, but it sure sounds pretty awesome. And also, since you seem to be a big Kenwood guy, I would call a representative, or stop by wherever you bought this and talk to them, they would definatly try and figure out a solution with you, as that is their job, and you seem to be a great customer. good luck.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic