icon

98 Cavalier Z24, Old Viper Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kbonix 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2002 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I have an old Viper alarm system that I took out of my old car and attempted to put into my new one.  The only problem being, my new car has delayed dome lights which set of the alarm when armed as they turn off. I don't know which other wire to connect to and if I need to connect the blue wire or the blue wire with the white stripe.  If someone could help me via email or otherwise, I drive a 98' Cavalier Z24 and my email is canariokevin@hotmail.com. Until then I cannot arm the system.

Thank you

Kevin Canario
oldboy 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2002 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Kevin, Sounds like you have used the wrong wire. You might like to try the green wire instead as you may have negative switched door switches and not positive switched. See how you go.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 15, 2002 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Kevin,

The wires to beat domelight delay are  grn/blk & lt. blue.  The GREEN/ black is located in the lower drivers kick panel.  It catches the drivers door only.  The light blue is located in the lower passenger kick panel, and catches the passenger door(s).  Tap both wires and diode isolate each. Neg trigg so use the green from the brain.  

Are the blue and blue/white coming from the brain or in the car? 98 Cavalier Z24, Old Viper Alarm - Last Post -- posted image. 

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Kbonix 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2002 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

Attn Big Dog,

Thanks for your reply, the blue and blue/white are coming from the brain, any other suggestions?

Kevin Canario
oldboy 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2002 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Kevin, Did you see my reply to you above???

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2002 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Kevin,

Which model is your Viper.  I'm guessing it's something like a 200?.  In that case the Blue/White would be the valet switch input, the other side of the switch going to ground.

The Blue is the instant trigger A.K.A. trunk switch.  Tell us which model...

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Kbonix 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2002 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Attention Big Dog and other members,

I do not know the model of my Viper, but I do know that the brain seems to be attached to the siren as one (it's a few years old).  Anyway, I will find the exact model number and get back to you.  Until then, I have already tried experimenting by connecting either wire to the green wire in the door pin switches (driver's) and failed, however, I'm going to soon attempt Big Dog's suggestion with the diodes.  I am an amateur, but I love learning to do these kind of things to my car so we'll see how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Kevin Canario

Kevin Canario

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic