icon

Parking lights on when remote started

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oakey22 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

I want to make my car flash the indicators when i arm and disarm the system but when i remote start it i was it to put on the parking lights. I however dont want it to flash the parking lights when i arm and disarm the alarm. How can i do this?

Would it be a case of connecting the indicators to the Factory arm and Disarm and then maybe puting a relay in for the remote start output wire?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you've got the right idea.
---Use the factory disarm and factory arm wires to trigger the turn indicators........you may or may not need relays, depending on the design of the car.
NOTE: Not only will the indicators flash when you lock and unlock............but they'll also flash at the beginning of remote start, and probably also when you shut down the remote start or when it times out.
---Disconnect the remote starter's parking light output altogether.
---Take the remote starter's "ground when running" output, and use that to activate the car's parking lights. It's only a low-current ground output......if your car has high-current, positive-trigger parking lights, you will of course need a relay.
If the ground-when-running output is already being used for another purpose (such as transponder key bypass), be sure to split it with two diodes, to prevent the relay and the other item from "seeing" each other.
oakey22 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

Just tried that and when it is trying to start the remote start it turns on the lights before the engine is actually running, because i have xenon lights and they need to ignite they dont like being on before the engine as the current turns them off. Is there anyway to make it so they turn on after the engine is running?

I have a bypass module for the transponder and this seems to make the remote start output from the relay satellite give a positive current.

I had to take the negative for the lights from the blue and white wire from H3/5

oakey22 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
any idea how i can delay them to turn on?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, I think I have an idea.
Hopefully you are good with relays? I'd imagine you are, if you've gotten this far.
Take one relay like this:
85: ground-when-running output from RS
86: FUSED constant positive
87a: not used
87: parking light output from remote start
30: parking light wire in your car
How it works:
When the remote starter is on, the relay engages, allowing the remote starter to trigger the parking lights the same way it did originally.....just like any other car.
When the remote starter is off, the relay is off, prohibiting the parking lights from being activated.
One downside:
When the car is running under remote start, and you go to unlock it, the parking lights AND indicators are going to flash......I know that's not quite what you want.......but it'll ONLY happen when the remote starter is on.
One other downside:
Is your unit only a remote start/keyless, or is it an alarm too? Because if you do something to disable the parking lights, that also means that they're not going to flash when the alarm is violated.
oakey22 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

it is a clifford matrix 3.5 i am using. I cant afford for the lights to flash as they wont ignite again. What i might do is wire them upto the front fog lights instead which are halogen bulbs :)

oakey22 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  

how about if i did it with 2 relays?

1 relay checks to see if my battery light has gone off, this is a positive pulse, and if it has then it will make a circuit.

Then have another relay in closed position aswell, which will make the circuit when i get a negative pulse from the remote start?

Will this work?

I will have to put some diodes in it i presume, but where will i need them?

oakey22 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

Just had a little think, would this be right?

Relay 1

30 - Earth
85 - Earth
86 - Battery light trigger +12v
87 - To 87 on Relay 2

relay 2

30 - Output
85 - 12v
86 - Trigger from remote start module, blue + white -12v
87 - To 87 on relay 1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.