icon

2001 Saturn SC2 and DEI 530T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gakr2000 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

He said something like: thats just how some GM cars need to be wired. One 530T per window. He also said that he once did one on an escalade or avalanch and the customer needed 4, one per window. They charge 120 per 530T!!!

I will check out the wiring though. I havent really had time due to my job schedule but now with JWORM's info i am going to. I am not an Installer like most of you but i am sure i can figure out what he did. Thank you once again.

gakr2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

Ok i pulled my interior apart. The way it was wired this is what he used

from 530t

violet/ground path motor 1        Grounded it to the frame

GREEN/ down motor 1                  hooked up to a brown wire under switch going into interior floor.

blue/up motor 1                          hooked up to a blue wire under switch going into car.

red and black are right

violet/black                                 cut at 530t not used

GREEN/ black                                cut at 530t not used

blue/black                                   cut at 530t not used

brown up switch #1                                          hooked up to a blue wire going into switch

white down switch #1                                       hooked up to a brown wire going into switch

RED / wht & orange are OK

Grey                                         not used

BROWN / black                            not used

WHITE/ black                             not used

from what i see i dont think they hooked it up right. I am unsure how to fix this thing and also what is the ground when armed for because it's not being used? I am sure i can finish this thing just need alittle help from you experts! Once again thank you in advance.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Either the "installer", and I use that term loosely, is the stupidest installer around and shouldn't be allowed to touch tools, or he is just trying to rip you off. You should really be testing these wires with a meter. I will do my best to explain what needs to be done for the other window. Don't blame me if you fry something. I copy, paste and edited your above post.
violet/ground path motor 1        Grounded it to the frame
GREEN/ down motor 1                  hooked up to a brown wire under switch going into interior floor.
blue/up motor 1                          hooked up to a blue wire under switch going into car.
red and black are right
violet/black                                 CONNECT TO GROUND
GREEN/ black                                hook up to a TAN wire under switch going into interior floor.
blue/black                                   hook up to a LIGHT BLUE wire under switch going into interior floor.
brown up switch #1                                          hooked up to a blue wire going into switch
white down switch #1                                       hooked up to a brown wire going into switch
RED / wht & orange are OK
Grey                                         NOT NEEDED
BROWN / black                            hook up to a LIGHT BLUE wire going into switch
WHITE/ black                             hook up to a TAN wire going into switch
Does your driver side window roll up when you arm the alarm?
gakr2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
JWORM thank you very much for your reply. I did what you told me to and the other window works just as it should. Something didn't feel right when he explained that i would need another 530t to work the other window, it's just two weeks later until i could get around to looking at it. Once i took out the center console i knew something had to be wrong because there was the 530t with many of the wires not even connected but cut to about an inch from the 530. Thats why i got on here. I had this done at the Circuit City in Columbus Georgia and even paid $120.00 for them to hook the 530 up. I will be calling the manager to complain and if i have time i will even go down there. I took pictures before i did what you said so i can show them the F'ed up job they did. i am not impressed to say the least. Now i have a 530t that i bought for nothing. Guess that's why they have Ebay right? Once again thanks for your help. You saved me another $120.00.... which would have been wasted anyway.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic