icon

turn off popping

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bertom2001 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
 i have a 2003 Kia Optima SE with factory infinity sound system. i installed a avic d1. when i shutoff my car i get this popping noise that comes from my speaker. What could be the problem? and how could i fix it?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
It may be that the factory amp isn't shutting off right away. The amp needs to be triggered to turn on and off through the remote wire off the AVIC D1. The radio will actually mute the audio first and then turn off the remote wire. This eliminates any sound from the amp as it shuts off. If the amp remains on for a fraction after the radio turns off, you will get a pop from the speakers. Recheck your install wiring and grounds.
sparky
bertom2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
will this pop cause damage to my speakers?
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have it wired like sparkie mentioned above? If so, are you still getting the popping noise?
'85 Toy
bertom2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
the pop happens whether i have the radio on or off and i shut down the car. i have it wired like sparkie mentioned. if i shut off the radio, the screen stays on even though it says off. is there a way of shutting down the radio completely so that the screen goes off as well? or is this the way the radio is supposed to work?
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
You need to check the remote wire for power when you have the radio OFF and see what you have. If it's popping with the radio off when you shut down the car, then it sounds like the amp still has power with the radio off. The remote wire is supposed to turn off the amp.
'85 Toy
bertom2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

supradude wrote:
You need to check the remote wire for power when you have the radio OFF and see what you have. If it's popping with the radio off when you shut down the car, then it sounds like the amp still has power with the radio off. The remote wire is supposed to turn off the amp.

yes, i know. the radio is also a gps navigation system and the navigation works even with the radio off because i can get the voice prompts when using navigation with trhe radio off. could be that the amp remote wire is a constant 12 volts just so that i can use the navigation feature with the radio off. does anybody know if there is a secret menu where i can set the amp to turn off when not using the radio?

bertom2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

this post says that you do have a constant 12 volts at the remote wire as long as the radio is on. how do i wire the relay isolation? do you have a schematic diagram?

www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=81238&KW=avic

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic