icon

DEI Valet Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sonoma gt 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for some help or even just some opinions. I had a DEI Valet remote start installed today on a 2001 Chevy S10. It was supposed to be a 562T. That is what I payed for. When I went to pick it up they had installed a 561R They said it was a 562T at first and then I said that it only has 1 561R remote and they then programed 2 562T remotes and said its now the same. The remotes lock and unlock the truck with the same LOCK button. I want the lock and unlock button to work that is why I wanted a 562T. Can the 561R be programed this way or should I tell them that I want the whole thing changed to the 562T that I wanted to begin with? Are their any other advantages to the 562t over the 561r? Thanks for any help.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
the 562 has 4 buttons remote and comes with 2 the 561R has 1 3 button remote has soem features are different 562 is better off. if you ask for the 562T take it back and ask them to put it in. what does your recpite say. dont have to be an "ass" about it, ( for now) if they want to be an ass, call up DEI that if they are a dealer and talk to them, see what they can do.
sonoma gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  

I like the way it works and if it can be programmed to work with both th LOCK and UNLOCK buttons I would be happy. That is why I wanted the 562 over the 561. I was trying to find out if that can be done so that I could tell them to just program it like that and then we would be fine. I wanted opinions other than theirs so I know they are be honest because I do not have much trust in them right now. Thanks.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
As swamprat has already mentioned, there are a few features the 562T has that the 561R does not(like dome light supervision). There is a price difference between the units as well. You can grab the manuals for each unit here on the12volt and do a comparison for yourself to see if the features are worth the time it will take to have it swapped. The 561R can not be programmed to have separate lock and unlock buttons. The 561R is a great unit, but it lacks the ability to control lock and unlock independently. If you paid for the 562t then you should have the 562t, again, to repeat what swamprat has said, be polite when you go back at first. This could have been a simple misunderstanding.
sonoma gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
They are going to replace the 561R with a 562T. Thanks for the responses. I will like that one much better with the lock and unlock buttons both working. I guess I am a little picky but I read a lot about them and decided od the 562 because of that. What is domelight supervision?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
DLS makes the interior lights come on when you disarm for a short period, or until the car is started...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic