icon

need system advice, 2000 gmc sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
suicideking2002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

Ok I recently ordered all of this equipment and although I did quite a bit of research and all seemed good to go, I would like this forums opinion since I've found quite a bit of very helpful  info from here. I own a 200 GMC Sierra/ Stepside/ 4.3 V6/ Standard Cab and although some would consider it "overkill" lol heres the equipment going into it at the end of this month and I would like to know how compatable everything is with each other from your past experiences.

For component speakers:

2 Audiobahn 6.5'' 3-way (with remote mount tweeter) 200 watt max/120 rms each.  Connected to amp using 16 gauge wire

2 Audiobahn 6x9'' 3-way (with remote mount tweeter) 450 wat max/200 rms each. Connected with 16 gauge wire

To power the four component speakers I have a 6 Channel 800 Watt max/ 400 watt rms Amp running 4 gauge power wire to a 0 gauge distribution block

The distribution block is setup for a Zero gauge power wire with a inline 200 amp fuse from battery input and splits it into Two 4 gauge outputs (One 4 gauge to the 800 watt 6 channel amp and the other to the 4000 watt mono)

The Subwoofers:

2 Audiobahn 15'' (dual 4-ohm voice coils each) 2600 watt max/ 1300 RMS each

The subs will be powered by a HiFonics "Brutus" 4000 watt (2000 watt rms at 1-ohm)  Monoblock Amplifier using 8 gauge wire for the subs and connecting them in a series-parallel config for a 4-ohm load at amp which equals about a 600-800 watt rms output from it

Both amps are chassis grounded with 0 gauge wire   there will also be a 2 farad capacitor inline with this amp

The head unit:

A Lanzar 350 watt with built in 2.5 inch screen

Oh almost forgot the box is a rectangular Ported box tuned to 35hz, Dimensions are 42''w x 16.5'' h x 19.5''depth with about 2.5 feet of cubic airspace per chamber (Yea it's gonna require doing a blow-through style design which I am happily looking forward to doing)

Opinions on the chosen equipment? I'm a bit of an Audiobahn fan as you can see lol but if somethin is crappy please let me know (thought I spose it doesn't matter since I already ordered all of the equipment lol) but I would still atleast like to know what kindof problems to expect. Thanks in advance for the help

"Sir The Reason I Pulled You Over Is Because Your Music Is Alil Too Loud"
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
1) Get a better head unit.. Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer, etc. the Lanzar HU will not last.
2) You have a lot of Audiobahn equipment listed..   why not stay with an Audiobahn amp for the subs?
suicideking2002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I've heard alot of good things about HiFonics, nothing great but still that their good amps. And alot of people say that Audiobahn amps are trash (but then again it seems on this site all Audiobahns stuff is trash haha) But thats fine if the subs are so crappy then I look forward to a good challenge as to how to keep them from frying. Spose I could have gone with JBLs or Pioneer Premiers but as the saying goes, "It's not the end destination thats the fun part its the journey that is" so we'll see this is only my second system and I'm still deployed here in Iraq (Us Air Force) so at the end of the month when I get back (been here since January lol) I'll have to see how everything is for myself. Not to dog anyone else but it seems after doing extensive searching on here that people here are all concerned with SQ but seems to me their to picky I mean it's still a moving vehicle I'm not going for home entertainment SQ in a truck. Anyways I personally have never seen a problem with Audiobahns frying, but the people I've seen run them exclusively always say they like ALOT of air, (maybe thats why people say they overheat is because of not enough air flowing around them) but I also have an idea on how to remedy that as well but I'll have to try it first before I say what I did. :P Anyways as I said originally I'm just looking for advice from people who aren't just gonna talk down on what brand I chose to run with I'm looking for advice as far as problems experienced with the types I chose, thanks...
"Sir The Reason I Pulled You Over Is Because Your Music Is Alil Too Loud"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic